Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's Series I SS Ute (AKA Black Thunder).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This TSB seems to give the brand and model of the compressor - http://www.adair.net.au/tsb/TSB 50 8-11 VE Compressor Precautions.pdf
1655974230454.png

Awesome, yep this is the one. Not sure where I can get one but at least I now know what I need.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The TLD was not broken as the unit was functioning prior to today. It had to be on 15deg to be cool enough in the summer but now with next to no gas it will barely work.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You might want to double check that it’s really the real McCoy, and not an ‘equivalent’.
I read his testimony. They used to sell solely to the trade. Going by what he says I don't think he would risk his reputation by selling OEM copies.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The TLD was not broken as the unit was functioning prior to today. It had to be on 15deg to be cool enough in the summer but now with next to no gas it will barely work.
I’d isolate the compressor from the engine by removing/changing the belt if possible, when ever the gas is low… Else if you’ve lost oil via a gas leak, it will kill the compressor over time if it continues to spin with low oil (assuming it isn’t cactus already).

Same goes for any vehicle… if it’s low gas and you starts to hear hissing inside the cabin (gas rather than liquid going through TS valve) remove the clutch wire or belt else you will kill the compressor over time…

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
AKA the weak doovalacky thingo that breaks when something else goes wrong. :)
That’s the theory but how many parts that aren’t designed to break actually break for no apparent reason :p

Me I just don’t like when a mechanic assume stuff and doesn‘t actually check their assumption. That’s especially the case as I‘m the one that has to pay for any parts canon a mechanic‘s assumption causes :mad:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I need the AC semi working as I can't see out my window in sub zero temps without it on. It fogs up bad without it on. I don't even know if my heater would work if it's disconnected?