Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I did repairs on the wifes car aircon last year.
Degas was free, regas the next week was about $120nzd i think.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Won't be pulling out the box until the day I have no heater or air until then it can stay in place. TBH I wouldn't even take out the box unless I intended to replace the evap and core at the same time. The time it would take me it's just not worth taking a chance with old components. Like mentioned I have spent a lot on the ute and I need to stop pouring money into it as it's a dead loss from now on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So the road to the home that we own has fkd my car again. So damb corrugated it had cracked the muffler right off at the front join tonight. I'm so angry because the council doesn't care the road is sht. I have written to them and they said they don't have the resources to keep it graded. The exhaust is like 18 months old. Now I need to spend my bill money next week getting a new exhaust. On another note i hit a decent roo on the way home and it was very fortunate i fitted the new bar. Because it would have smashed the bumper and probably wrecked the new condenser only fitted late last year.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Damn mate you not having much love from the car :) I feel your pain, every time I think Ive seen the end of the missus VX something falls off or breaks...then the VR gets jealous and chucks a wobbly...meh like women you cant live with em, cant live without em......

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ive done a farmer repair on it. I have wired the pipe up where it should sit and put 1/3 of a tube of silicone over the muffler and lead in pipe. Not sure how long it will last but if it gets me back to town on Monday and maybe down the coast on Sunday for Church. Won't be taking the short cut to Church unfortunately it will be highway the entire journey. Might even have to take the long way back to town, corros are soon gonna break my dodgy repair.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Damn mate you not having much love from the car :) I feel your pain, every time I think Ive seen the end of the missus VX something falls off or breaks...then the VR gets jealous and chucks a wobbly...meh like women you cant live with em, cant live without em......
Yeah, had same with vs last year ,
This year so far, touch wood( as the saying goes) all good .
And losh , feel that pain , you're absolutely not copping any love with it, shorly has to turn around and get a couple of years trouble free motoring soon.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
On another note i hit a decent roo on the way home and it was very fortunate i fitted the new bar. Because it would have smashed the bumper and probably wrecked the new condenser only fitted late last year.

For the past 10 years or so, I have used shu roos....They are a plastic device that sticks to your car , that prevents roos from hopping out in front of you...They cost me about $6.00 for my last pair 3 or 4 years ago from an auto parts supplier (ie sprints, supercheap, .autobarn and alikes)

Mine are fitted to the bullbar on my car...I see the roos pop their heads up in the middle of a paddock and jump away from the car. So it might be worth investing in for your own peace of mind

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
upload_2018-4-14_14-13-17.png

Plus 100 H3s 30 bucks bargain. Now I just need the ones already fitted to blow...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Purchased a Mace memcal today. Hopefully get it by the end of next week so I can get it installed. Keen to see what gains I get once I fit the new memcal. Should hopefully have the new O2 sensor installed by then as well, if not I will wait to get the sensor in regardless, before memcal goes in. As I don't want any errors to restrict the new tune. Also I suspect since the 02 sensor has failed I could possibly bee running rich as it is going through extra fuel. Hoping that replacing the O2 sensor I might actually seem some gains, simply because it will be running properly. Still have this error code 38 which is not a recognised error code. Hoping that if I can get the new speed sensor plug on this eve and a new SH sensor if needed that I can clear the trans code and hopefully eliminate this error 38 at the same time. While at the wreckers the other day I confirmed they have a set of Pacemakers on the VP I looked at. Hoping I can find some time next week to go and get them off. At $150 I don't want to miss out. Then all I need is a Mace CAI and I will be pretty much set as far as getting some HP improvements without going into big cost items, that my 190k engine would not appreciate I don't think. May still look at a coil upgrade as Immortality mentioned a few months back which are as good as MSD but no where near the price. I just need to go digging to find out who makes them. I figure my coil packs could be quite old and at some point will no doubt fail, so might be an idea to upgrade, depending on price.

Last edited:

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Then all I need is a Mace CAI and I will be pretty much set as far as getting some HP improvements without going into big cost items, that my 190k engine would not appreciate I don't think. .

190k?! Thats nothing man! Mines coming up to 336k l67 and going strong *touch wood* I'm not going to open it up for any internal/cooler mods but as it sits, shes pretty tail end happy and doesnt chew a lick of oil. You're on a winner with the tune and zorst. Throw in a shift kit and you'll be set!