Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Maybe, called him too many times, although I am pretty sure it's been over 10 weeks since I dropped them off..... I have called him probably five times in that 10 or more weeks.
Don't ring him. Let him ring you. He is going to wanting the cash soon. So my guess is he is going to finish the job.
(Hopefully :) )

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't ring him. Let him ring you. He is going to wanting the cash soon. So my guess is he is going to finish the job.
(Hopefully :) )
Maybe that's the issue, I have already given him $900. I only owe around $400.......

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ordered two new tyres going with the new version of the KU22 as they are now obsolete. The new ones are the next level up from the KU22 in the same brand. $125ea at Kmart plus I will need an alignment. Still chasing a knock and have asked them to try and work out what it is. I sure hope it's not strut bearings again as they are less than six months old and I went for good quality SKF units as the previous set crapped out in a couple of years.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Wife and her family started calling my ute, my "girlfriend" used to really piss me off and I asked them to stop. Now they need a new name for the ute, I said what about "The Turd" because even though I'm polishing something on the ute nearly every day, it's still a turd...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And it has become a very expensive turd..... Plan was to slow down but things lately have just started ramping up....

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Shît adds up quickly, right? Is all about the level you want to it be. Showroom condition can be pricey, just legal to run... might be just few coins away.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Wife and her family started calling my ute, my "girlfriend" used to really piss me off and I asked them to stop. Now they need a new name for the ute, I said what about "The Turd" because even though I'm polishing something on the ute nearly every day, it's still a turd...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And it has become a very expensive turd..... Plan was to slow down but things lately have just started ramping up....
Like a lot of us on here just can’t leave things alone mate lol

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It’s an expensive hobby... Just remember, OCD doesn’t mean only detailing the car :p

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I get peeved with my ute...done v8 conversion & big jobs on it dirt cheap if don't count labour put in.

Yet when I look up prices for little things I'd like to neaten up or make period correct my jaw drops.,..

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I get peeved with my ute...done v8 conversion & big jobs on it dirt cheap if don't count labour put in.

Yet when I look up prices for little things I'd like to neaten up or make period correct my jaw drops.,..
Its always cheaper to fix the bucket of sh#t you have, than go & buy a new bucket of sh#t that nobody can fix.
Doesn't matter if l'm right or wrong, its just my opinion. :)