Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loss of power while cruising

Budgie Smuggler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 Clubsport
Loss of power while cruising

Hi Folks..
Want to share an issue I had with my 2007 VE Clubby last night with the hope somebody out there has experienced same thing and/or knows the problem/fix.

Driving along freeway with cruise control set had a couple of things all happen simultaneously...Stability control warning came on, cruise control deactivited, loss of power, instantaneous fuel consumption went to zero and speedometer needle went to zero..a couple of seconds later all returned to normal.... Drove on for a couple of km's and returned cruise to active..5 mins later..same thing..switched off cruise altogether and drove rest of trip (@20 mins) with no further incidents.

I didn't notice what my other gauges did..but i suspect they all went to their respective park positions but I'm not certain.

Weather was fine and I've just had new Bridgestone RE002's fitted a few days back, so I don't think stability is the issue... was a nice dry straight stretch of freeway that I travel every day.

Thanks in advance.

Budgie Smuggler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 Clubsport
Update..

The car started playing up on the way to work last night and fortunately it got me there ok ..but..sigh..It didn't allow me to drive it home again..broke down about 2 kms from work, 6:00 in the morning after a long 12 hour shift, with a myriad of system alarms and sensor failures...it even disengaged the transmission (don't even think it was limp mode) so acceleration in drive would only rev the engine...couldn't even select another gear using active select. I disconnected the battery in the hope it would reset the ECU and this seemed to work..for about 10 kms but system failed again, I started load shedding by switching off cabin equipment..eg; climate control, cruise control etc..no joy...now it's been towed to a depot and will be taken to Holden dealer on Tuesday.

I will post an outcome later..it may be a simple sensor issue or...sigh..ECU. 1st up alarm is always "stability control" so hoping it is only just a sensor.

Nev.