Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Hey everyone,

Looking to lower my redline with King Springs, can get them for a good price atm.

I have been told I have 3 options for the King Springs:
1. Superlows will sit about 20-25mm lower.
2. Ultralows 30-35mm lower.
3. SP4 springs about 40-45mm lower than FE3 height.

I want to keep the the stock shockers and have been told the Superlows and Ultralows will allow that. I'm thinking Ultralows as Superlows may not be low enough.

Has anyone got any pics of their lowered VF2 Redline or can give any tips and/or experience when lowering theirs?? Has it affected the ride much at all?

Cheers guys

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Mate I couldn't believe how high the VF2 Redlines sit on the FE3! The ones in the ads all look lower.
I'm booked in at Tekno next week to have mine stage 1 lowered and the guards rolled. Should take about 20-25mm out of it.
I'm getting short travel shocks as well to keep the factory ride. Costing me heaps, but I want a smooth ride and no rubbing when we tow the boat.
Had FE2 on my VT and loved it. But this FE3 is so high. I have 50mm between my tyres and guards.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
It's just ridiculous how high they sit. I actually measured the heights of a couple the other week as I was trying to decide on a suspension set up for my new one. Will be going coilovers.
But the standard redline on the optional 20" wheels measured at 680mm front and 685mm rear.
Measurements taken from the bottom of the rim to the guard.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hey everyone,

Looking to lower my redline with King Springs, can get them for a good price atm.

I have been told I have 3 options for the King Springs:
1. Superlows will sit about 20-25mm lower.
2. Ultralows 30-35mm lower.
3. SP4 springs about 40-45mm lower than FE3 height.

I want to keep the the stock shockers and have been told the Superlows and Ultralows will allow that. I'm thinking Ultralows as Superlows may not be low enough.

Has anyone got any pics of their lowered VF2 Redline or can give any tips and/or experience when lowering theirs?? Has it affected the ride much at all?

Cheers guys

This is my series 2 SS with SSSl fronts and ssl rears with Monroe GT short shocks

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
Are they much stiffer than the stock springs? Vf2 has softer rear springs than vf1 to improve ride quality, have any aftermarket springs changed to be softer as well? I really like the lowered look but don't want to lose any ride quality.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Are they much stiffer than the stock springs? Vf2 has softer rear springs than vf1 to improve ride quality, have any aftermarket springs changed to be softer as well? I really like the lowered look but don't want to lose any ride quality.

Different spring rates are available from reputable manufacturers, tell your suspension shop what you want to achieve in ride quality and height and they'll be able to recommend a spring to suit.

I used to fit King's SSSL HD on the front and rear for my Utes. The HD denotes they are heavy duty as I liked the way the held their ground thru the twisty bits.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
What size rims you running on that?
Looks better than the FE3 too.

20" x 8.5"s from memory

Seems pretty good, but the ride is firmer, I thought it was redline that has suspension mods only on VF II

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR

Only redline sedan received different rear springs on VF2 due to running a different sway bar set up.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Different spring rates are available from reputable manufacturers, tell your suspension shop what you want to achieve in ride quality and height and they'll be able to recommend a spring to suit.
This!
My Volvo has King's which were intended for a VB Commodore, of all things. Told the suspension shop what I wanted, they weighed the car & measured everything, and calculations came back to exactly match that those springs - both front & back. Custom would've given the same result, but cost over twice as much.