Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG - Pros V Cons

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
seriously convert to gas :)

the power loss isn't that much anyway and you wont notice it unless you thrash your car everywhere. in that case, stay with petrol if the couple kw is worth it to ya :)

and i think your engine should be fine, just run it on petrol every week.... even if its nto for long, just give it something :D

btw, mine has been on gas and given hard a fairly often and is fine :)

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
As with the pod on there and no restriction, It backfires rarely.
and it spins the wheels if i plant it in 2nd.

so you recommend using a pod filter instead of an air box? i have a SV airbox which i don't want to ruin, was going to buy another one, but instead may just get a pod

EACRUISER

Reaction score
You must seal the pod away from the hot engine bay air though.
On my car the left front corner area is boxed in with the pod inside the box. I also have a 3" flex pipe plumbed in through a 3" hole cut out of the area under where the airbox once was, the other end is a direct feed from the front bar facing into the incoming air.

If i wasnt 3,056Km's from home i would post a picture to show you.
It seamed to resolve alot of the tuning issues relating to vacumn with the LPG in the intake, and removed quite alot of restriction caused by the factory airbox. also the feed from the front dropped the intake charge at the throttle body around 5degrees compared to the stock airbox. and on a cold night quite alot more the 5 degrees.

I am not using a cheap pod either. Its a Trust foam Airfilter which cost around $160 from cartoys.

This is just my observations with a temperature probe, vacumn gauge and many test drives tuning the LPG on my specific Car. Also specific to my car i have now started to play with tuning. Its running a slightly modified HSV Tune, but its still nowhere near perfect yet.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Pros = none

Debate settled.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Cons= falling off the top of your wallet with the money you've saved:yeah:

LPG is for BBQs, unfortunately its not......they need straight propane:yeah:

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
pros - you save a few dollars a year
cons - your car, smells, goes and runs like **** unless its tuned to the system.

skyper

SKYPER
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
my gas man was telling me that the latest system he fitted to a crewman ,was when u floor it ,it automaticly changed back to petrol and when u backed off it changed back to gas ,it was so smooth that u could only tell by the gas light