Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 auto rebuild question

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
I'm in the process of getting yet again another auto rebuilt.

The box just blew had all the normal upgrades (beast shell, wider bands, extra clutches etc..). The only part that wasnt done was the valve body or solonoids.

The reason the auto place gave was no point due to the tune being able to control everything.

Now its going to be rebuilt again im asked the auto trans place should we put a better valve body in (such as transgo) he replied with the same answer. no point because your tune can adjust everything.

Im after everyones opinions. Should i request him to do it or is he right in the fact that i can just adjust the tune to suit (which has been done).

i should add what has gone in the trans is 3rd and 4th gear clutches. trans had done 80,000+kms and was driven hard with load all the time so i dont htink anything but normal wear and tear wrecked the trans.

HBDCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT Calais SII L67
What exactly was burnt or destroyed
do you have any valve upgrades other then the stock ones in there?, i would suggest u get then valve changed in the pump that control line pressure, the stock one when go pedal jumped on only slowly increases line pressure, where as there is an after market version that as soon as u open the throttle it gives u full pressure which is much better in a car that gets driven hard,
and a tune cannot alter that valve to open any faster or slower,

as for valve body the stock one is adequate you could ask to get your feed holes in the seperator plate drilled out so can get oil to your pistons and servo quicker reducing slip time while applying next gear, but if they go to large u run the risk of blowing the top off your 3/4 drum as they are only made of cast alloy and not extremely strong

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Same thing happened to my brothers vy turbo. 3rd and 4th clutches. Was only just over a grand to fix with everything that was broken being upgraded as well as the pressure lines being modified. Also got an upgraded valvebody.