Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lying car yard

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
meh, take your signed document to office of fair trade along with the vicroads proof and they will force the car yard to refund your purchase price. it wont even be a thing.

This is actually not a bad idea, the onus may fall back onto the car yard to prove they did not defraud you.

Being that a high percentage of buyers (although not as high as it should be) will run a check you could be pushing to sell the car to anyone who's not a mug.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Do what Ari said. They are obliged as a LMCT trader to make it clear that the car was at some point a write off.

I had someone try and palm off a FPV Typhoon to me that was a Write Off in NSW and just recently (as in that week) transfered to Vic Plates, it didnt show up on the Vic Roads website as a write off, infact it had very little information, however he put up pictures of his NSW plates on his add so I ran them as well. Its a real pain in the arse that the Vic Roads one is now 30 odd bucks.

Youre lucky that you got it from a dealer otherwise it would be tough ****.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Being that a high percentage of buyers (although not as high as it should be) will run a check you could be pushing to sell the car to anyone who's not a mug.

nah mate. im an LMCT and i know from expierence that office of fair trade take the consumers side above and beyond any reason. theyll force the yard to take the car back.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
The onus was on you to run a check before you purchased.

Lesson learnt, you need to move on and check next time.

What give up? Just like that
You are aware that car yards have a legal responsibility for this sort of stuff aren't you?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The onus was on you to run a check before you purchased.

Lesson learnt, you need to move on and check next time.

The onus was not on the OP, the car yard has to operate under Australia's laws and regulations, clearly they did not!
To blame the op is pathetic, this is clearly the car yards wrong doing, they are clearly in breach of the law and will soon suffer the consequences.

Do as Ari has said, go straight to fair trading (or similar) not the car yard, and you will get this sorted easily.

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Cut and shut case IF, the owner still has the form with the box ticked to say it is not on the WOVR. There is nothing to prove or deny. You have a form by the seller stating no, and a form from Revs or similar stating Yes. I am not sure if buy back will be an option considering how long you've had it, but compensation will be the most likely outcome.

oldskool-vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s-pac, 82 vh sl
so i went to the car yard the other day,explained the situation and ther gave me my money back.still have informed consumer affairs aswell,they are looking into it.

so im happy with the outcome i got my money back.and consumer affairs are looking into it