Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lying car yard

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
What lesson? he never bought it privately he bought it from a dealer
The car dealer ####ed up but sounds like they sorted it out no problems.
What lesson has the OP had to learn here?

I dont know if its possible but your posts are becomming more and more daft.

Of course there is a lesson here. Ray Charles would probably see it before you did.

Check the status of a vechile before you buy for yourself.

In future, if OP was to buy a car privately and this happened, they would have very little recourse.

Hence, lesson learnt for the future, always do your own research.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I dont know if its possible but your posts are becomming more and more daft.

Of course there is a lesson here. Ray Charles would probably see it before you did.

Check the status of a vechile before you buy for yourself.

In future, if OP was to buy a car privately and this happened, they would have very little recourse.

Hence, lesson learnt for the future, always do your own research.

Your posts are becoming quite daft too.
Or is it just in your haste to have a dig at me you overlook facts?

I know this is hard for you to understand but THIS TOPIC WAS NEVER ABOUT GETTING SCREWED OVER FOR BUYING A CAR PRIVATELY

Every idiot on the planet knows that if you buy a car privately you run all these checks or risk doing your money if you don't.
If you buy privately and don't run these checks then yes you deserve to lose everything you lose
Buying a car from a used car dealer on the other hand has the benefit of these checks already being done and if it happens to turn to **** you have recourse to get your money back which is exactly what has happened in this case and probably most other cases.
Exactly what is the point of paying to run all these checks again? I for one don't see the sense in it unless you're a total paranoid ######## that enjoys wasting money.
The only lesson learnt here was that the system probably works in favour of the consumer.
But that is only my opinion but is misconstrued by another on here as being comments of a Stalking troll. Paranoid much?
These are my opinions.dont like them then don't read them
Simple as that...I'm sure even your simple little mind could comprehend that

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Gopher,

Excellent work

You provided correct info, simple as that
At least someone did.

Cheers

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I know this is hard for you to understand but THIS TOPIC WAS NEVER ABOUT GETTING SCREWED OVER FOR BUYING A CAR PRIVATELY

I never said it was.

The topic is about buying a car that was on the WOVR. How is it not prudent that anyone buying a car does the most basic of checks?

How is this not a lesson for everyone out there who may be reading and a reminder to everyone to do your checks?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've stayed out of this discussion because it was being adequately covered by others, but one point about buying from a dealer has been overlooked, unless consumer protection laws are completely different from one State to another.

In NSW, the Motor Trades Association recommends that you buy from an MTA approved/registered dealer, so that full protection of the vehicle's title can be guaranteed (ie. not stolen, not under finance). I suspect that also protects you in cases such as the topic of this thread. It's reasonable to assume, therefore, that if you purchased from an MTA dealer, you would be protected, but if you choose to buy from another non-MTA approved one, you might not enjoy that level of legal protection.

So....it might be that personal checks should be made if you choose a non-MTA dealer to purchase a car, in the same way that purchasing privately involves checks.

And as I mentioned earlier, states may differ. My comment only relates to NSW.

oldskool-vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s-pac, 82 vh sl
thanks guys for your advice,and to answer some qwuestions i have bought a series 2 vy ss.came up for a good price so i jumped on it.
not often you find one with a full service history