Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace Engineering Development Car

MR 2JZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim s2
mace, can you please pm me prices on ur plennum spacers and manifold spacers please u also mentioned u have 2nd hand spacers is this true and how muchy?????

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
It actually does hit the bonnet a bit on the VS bonnet, but as mentioned above, it has been done before =D. If your keen on knowing any of the prices send me a pm. non-IRS was an option on the VS model. Standard my car had non-IRS. I had my 3.9 LSD diff built.

VS_WPN could you please PM me on those prices, for as many of the products and mods you can remember that you have done to it. Very keen to know.

Cheers,
Brendan

MACE

Reaction score
im interested in these dyno results..

Will post these up soon :)

VS_WPN could you please PM me on those prices, for as many of the products and mods you can remember that you have done to it. Very keen to know.

Cheers,
Brendan

Best to PM VS_WPN direct Brendan for a quicker response as he may not see your message.

Cheers
Steve :D

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Give us a hint, did it go as expected ? the dyno that is

MACE

Reaction score
Give us a hint, did it go as expected ? the dyno that is

All things considered it think it went quite well :D

The power that it was made untuned, and standard comp, was 137kw at the rears. if it was in a manual it would have certainly been knocking close to the door of the 150kw at the rears mark which is nothing to sneeze at from an ecotec!

Figures seem to be a bit more then the 1.98:1's, BUT there will be much more scope for power with a custom tune as will be shown shortly. It won't surprise me if we make comfortably make over 150kw at the wheels and around 160kw at the wheels in an auto and manual ecotec respectively with this package.

This is further reinforced by feedback which we've received from another customer in another thread :)

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...o-mace-v6-bolt-products-work.html#post1342609

Don't get me wrong the car the car's driveabilty is excellent even with the standard chip, but it's amazing how quickly the car revs out from 3500 to redline, not that it's a slug below that (as will be noticed from the dyno graphs) but it was just something I definitely wasn't expecting :eek: Extremely surprised about that one!

Should have the dyno graph up on Monday

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Ah on the topic of testing it seems my wifes car will be another development car for this sort of cylinder head rocker package, as "sadly" the head gaskets need to be changed :D

The difference though is that it's an L67 so the gains should be even greater, NA brother!

Will keep all posted :D

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I did a tune for a guy once with a VS Auto that had your rockers and insulators and it also made high 130's, 139rwkw I think, so that sounds about right. Gained 9rwkw on the rockers and insulators (130 with tune/exhaust). Nothing else was done to it so I guess you could make 145 + on this car