Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Making Vodka - Advice Anyone

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
have you ever heard of anyone getting find for making there own grog and drinking it them self (not selling it ). I think you would be hard done by to get find for it. Go for it mate i got a still best investment ever.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
I'm not condoning illegal behavior in anyway BUT if you have a relatively clean record, the reprocutions of making 1Litre of Vodka a month should be very minimal! Warning and a slap on the wrist i presume (or a tiny fine)! Plead dumb! (yes ignorance is not a defence in australia but it can certainly help!).

Once again not condoning illegal yadddddda yada yada

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
If you make any form of alcohol, you pay excise whether you drink, it use it for fuel or sell it. Of course, you have to get caught or give yourself up first. I lived at Cringila (near Wollongong) for a few years and every year a semitrailer loaded with grapes would appear on the corner lot. People would come from everywhere to buy the grapes and for the next few weeks all you could smell was fermenting grapes. After that there would be the smell of stills making grappa. About 98% alcohol and kicks worse than a mule. No excise there.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
If you make any form of alcohol, you pay excise whether you drink, it use it for fuel or sell it. Of course, you have to get caught or give yourself up first.

Wrong. Making home brew beer is perfectly legal.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
brewing your own beer or spirits is legal as long as you don't sell it or provide it to minors.

Owning a still is illegal, and if you get caught with one in your possession, you can get fined if not more.

Go for it, i know plenty of people that brew their own alcohol, everything from A-Z he does, and has never had a problem as he doesn't advertise it or brag about it or hand it out to everyone.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Beer is legal, spirits is not.

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
Beer is legal, spirits is not.

yeap,i'll agree with that but at last check wine is not. now i know some of you may be thinking yuck etc & personally i hate wine...normally. but then theres saki(japanese rice wine) this stuff is like rocket fuel & deadset easy to make. basically its just rice,suger & raisins fermented.
if you wanta make vodka(your choice,not condoning or condeming your decision) easy way is from old potato peelings fermented up. this makes a brew that would curl your toes & have you farting methane in a strong enough dose to send you in orbit....if you lit one,lol:D