Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Malaysian Airlines

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Seems profit before all else

Flights taken over war zones 'because it's cheaper' - World - NZ Herald News

Yes, it seems that warnings were issued but until today or yesterday depending on your location on this planet most airlines were still flying over the war zone in Ukraine, some 300 odd flights a day which would probably account for the majority of the airlines that transition through that part of the globe.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Shorter route = less air time = less fuel costs = more profit.

Or in the case of most airlines around the world.... less loss ;)

Last edited:

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
28 Aussies now confirmed dead.

2nd incident with this airline in 3 months , my advise don't fly with this airline .

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Turns out a colleague that my mother in-law has worked with for 14 years was on the flight with her husband.

Eerily close to home...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not quiet as close as you but one of the passports they keep showing on the news is from my fathers home town.

Still waiting to hear back from my father at this stage, not that he was on this flight but gotta check.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It will be interesting to see how Malaysian Airlines fare after two major losses in only five months. The reasons for the first loss are still unknown, though there have been some strong suspicions that the pilot might have been responsible. That obviously reflects badly on the airline.

Now, with the second loss, the airline is again under suspicion for flying in a dangerous area when other airlines had chosen to avoid it.

Two major crashes within the same year and the airline's management protocols are being questioned, one way or the other, in both. This won't go well for them. A loss of public confidence in them will seriously affect their viability if it lasts too long.

Ask yourself. Would you fly Malaysian just at present?

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Rightly or wrongly they will be crucified. My problem is how senior management have delt with the criticizes. Neither were of their own making but overall their disaster recovery or mitigation processes seem to be woeful. Why they didn't divert around a war zone where planes were being shot down daily is beyond me. Plenty of other airlines did.

Further, why the authority in charge (nfi who but I'm sure there is one) still had it cleared for civilian airliners to use also have some serious explaining to do.