Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mate's ED turbo Sleeper

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
pictures of aforementioned intercooler

13325710151063910547046.jpg

56011101510639111970461.jpg

And painted black
gopr1266.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
was a hot day, got a lil burnt even bein a wog. cant say i spotted you today pub. was an awesome turn out.

there was a sky blue ED N/A with a detailed bay. thing was amazing. did you see my mates car plates were SUSSED

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
oh man it was hot!! I got cooked and drinking beers didn't help. if i wasnt sitting behind the cars i was wondering around somewhere. Some good cars there have to say my favourite was the Ford GT that turned up

Yeah that devilxr?? that looks fair mint obviously we were just in front of it.

yes did see your mates car sussed not a bad car

Last edited:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
which GT? did you take pics?

how did you get your mates car down? did you drive or tow it?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Sorry i think it was devilxr i was reffering too.

Yeah we drove both cars (black xr6 and psi pop) there used about a tank of e85 lucky there's a united in Corio that sells it we topped up before going home. I have to admit its quite droney with a 4inch straight through exhaust and a 3 spd box. Sits on about 2600rpm at 100kph. I think if we had the exhaust pointing straight out it wouldnt be so bad but with the fake tips on its not possible.

In the end its not a cruiser so its not end of the world. Had a little run against a porsche GT3 on hwy home (nothing stupid mind) and i'd say it didn't have much chance in straight line. He thought he was pretty awesome in his GT3.

This was only picture i got and it was a fair **** one. One thing i learnt there was i can't take photos for ****...

IMG_3111_zpsc5876fbf.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Took this out to the AFF Drag nats friday and saturday. Friday night got a few runs in.
Track was fair slippery Lit up it off the line and through every gear for an 11.1 @ 138mph.
2nd run looked quick but the ####ing timing lights broke again (had issues all night with them).

We had some issue with car not getting up to temp and the rev limiter scaled off the temp. Kris was hitting the limiter in top of 3rd and wheelspining top of 1st and 2nd.

Any way we bump the rev limit up to 7000 all across the board. then went for a 3rd pass which he managed a 10.3 @ 144mph which was an awesome run still a fair bit of wheelspin in the 60 foot but it really hooked up and got going.

Next run called for more of the same but in the right lane. It spun up through 1st and into 2nd grabbed and then snapped an axle almost put him into the wall. coasted through for a 19.4 @ 44mph :).

Anyway that was our weekend over for this car, we could have fixed it but kris felt it could have happened again and was happy to get drunk instead.
We didn't have so much luck with the black car either it kept throwing belts. So we went into bendigo in morning bought a new shorter belt and it ate that one. Turns out one of the idler pulley the plastic wall was broken and the belt would just walk off. Problem was it didnt look broken until it ate the shorter belt that we just spent $60 buying.

So we stole a pulley of kris' car chuck it on and threw the old belt on and it stayed on. got 2 runs in before we broke something else. Sounds really bad like a bad knock or rattle but we dont think it's internal main suspect is the flexplate torque convertor area. Magaed a best of 120mph we some terrible 60 foot.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
No update in a while has a new set of axles in it and we made a diff brace which hopefully stop some of the twisting of the housing.

Also has now a full set of koni's with 90/10 valving in front and adjustable rear suspension arms. Also got some narrowed stockies with some moroso DS2's on it it.

So basically its been kitted out to make it go faster and you're in heathcote tomorrow you will hopefully see it run a 9 sec quarter.

528247_10151613817827046_1116291769_n.jpg

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hope all goes to plan for the team!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Didn't go to plan today. Did a shake down pass just to see how front runners and suspension felt. Then did a full pass of 10.8 @ 140mph with a 2.5sec 60 foot really smoked it up off the line.

Let the tyres down a bit then lined up for another run good burnout and 60 foot only for the box to let go. Lost all forward gears so thinking the plantery gears are smashed not sure at this point.

Disappointing to only get one full pass but it's good to see that the mph is still there. So it may be a while before it's back out as a new power glide and diff are on the cards