Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matts Turbo 6

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
haha what a random and stupid problem :p

Yeah i get all these weird little gremlens.
Hopefully that is the end of that one, Drags 2morrow.
Matt

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
I will learn from your little gremlins I think.. will be attempting a home install XR6T turbo to my VN soon...

Any questions you have, just ask away. It has been a huge learning curve putting a turbo on the wagon.
Matt

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
I finally had a trouble free run at the drags.
Slowest time was 14.736. Not enough revs on the launch and she bogged down.
Fastest was 13.381.
Had a great night racing, only drama was when i changed the eprom over and put it in the wrong way. (woops)
Matt

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Hey bring on the 12 second wagon !:), are there any 12 second wagons on JC:)? might be a record

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Went to the drags again last night, had a few dramas, blow the cooler piping off on my first run and lost 2 hose clamps on the track or return road. Didn't beat my best time but picked up a few mph, fastest run last night was a 13.5 @105.14mph and 60ft of 2.169. Had a ball again though.

But on the way home the clutch was having some problems and i need better brakes, suspension and a 3'' zorst from the catback.
Matt

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Nice work work pity about the few dramas but it look like your not far off 12sec pass.
My mates going to turbo his vp wagon bought a reco to4 off Proflow last week so we're (I say we because i built the motor and did the manual conversion) make some quick times with it.

How does the T5 hold up? What sort of clutch do you have.
Tom's currently has a HD sport tuff clutch in his we'll how well that goes

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
reading this makes me want my first car bak which was a vn s wagon in a1 condition. This wagz is mad i love it cause its not over the top or anything and i bet it would shock a few ppl wen u take off

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Nice work work pity about the few dramas but it look like your not far off 12sec pass.
My mates going to turbo his vp wagon bought a reco to4 off Proflow last week so we're (I say we because i built the motor and did the manual conversion) make some quick times with it.

How does the T5 hold up? What sort of clutch do you have.
Tom's currently has a HD sport tuff clutch in his we'll how well that goes

Im unsure of what brand ect the clutch is, it came with the 5 speed and was fairly new when i got it so i put it in but i think its a standard one. But i think its shagged after last night, slipped it back to 2nd when i was slowing down and locked the back wheels, then when driving home it was playing up. Took her for a drive this morning and yeah, not good. Think i will look at getting a excedy heavy duty clutch. If that doesn't hold then i wil look at a button clutch.

reading this makes me want my first car bak which was a vn s wagon in a1 condition. This wagz is mad i love it cause its not over the top or anything and i bet it would shock a few ppl wen u take off

Yeah get a few weird looks, but most people don't notice its coming from the wagon.

matt

Attachments

• 000_1364.jpg
    000_1364.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 433
Last edited: