Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Media's new plaything - Dog attacks

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Wait... wtf? If he's spot on then we;re back to square one. Pitbulls are not designer to kill people, v8's are not designed to kill people but both should be banned since both have the potential to kill people.

While we're at it... electricity in your house... GONE, Bathtubs? Forget about it GONE! Alcohol... well it's a poison so DEFINATELY gone.

while we're at it. lets ban breathing. i heard you can die if their air mixture isnt just right... =P

but seriously, people who cannot t rain a dog shouldnt have one.
if you have never been around dogs before, dont approach them and think they are all 100% perfectly tame.
its not rocket science, but i forgot the people have a 6 pack but lack the plastic thingy holding it together need the government to decide everything for them.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
people kill people.....so we should kill all people....whoa i just blew my own mind!

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
i believe it the owners fault, nearly every pitty owner ive known has kicked the **** out of them all their life in an attempt to make them vicious ,of course their going to attack someone when not treated right by an irresponsable / cruel owner "simply out of fear" ,i have also been attacked by a german shephard before just walking down the street it was out (another irresponsible owner letting a vicious dog run free) and simply came up to me an started to really viciously attack me without any provocation at all (i even crossed the street before the attack to avoid this dog) .so in short if youve got a dog treat it right and if its vicious dont allow it to roam the streets by itself because the next dog that attacks me ill cut the owners ####ing head off not the dogs....the dogs shouldnt get put down its the irresponsible owners that should, just my 2c worth

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Anyways its pointless discussing this topic with large/agressive dog owners as they can't see the forest for the trees! Don't know why I bothered. Good luck with your issues.

You are completely ignorant. The size of the dog has NOTHING to do with their behavior. You need to get a clue buddy!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I had to LOL at the ignorance that larger dog are for appearance, and that they are more aggressive. I have a German Sheppard X Rottweiler, never harmed anyone in her life.

We live up the road from the local primary school, so a lot of young kids walk past our house all the time. We have a open, bare, front yard and 1 metre tall pool fencing separating the front from the back, with no lock. Anyway one day some stupid little kid opened the fence to pat my dog. I had no idea my dog was out until the school called me (phone number on collar), apparently my dog was getting the patting of her lifetime from many kids down in the school playground, not one bark, nip, or bite, even when one kid tried to ride her like a pony or something (??? WTF), and she was pulled all over the place. Yeah my dog sure sounds like a killer!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I lean both ways on the subject. I reckon it's about 80% the owners fault and 20% due to the bread. Dogs that are (well, were) bred for their vicious temperament still have that deeply seeded in them today however if that breed is properly trained you will never have an issue with it. It's when you get feral bogans who think that "Ima gettin' me a pitty... gunna flog him 'ard so no bastard comes near me yard" is when you will have a dog attack. Look at Ceaser Milans pitbull, Daddy. I've seen that dog get almost attack and it didn't react. It's

Personally I'd never own a pitbull, bull terrier or the likes as I don't trust myself enough to be able to keep their temperament in check.