Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Media's new plaything - Dog attacks

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Just seen that post and yes that was pretty much the point.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Anyways its pointless discussing this topic with large/agressive dog owners as they can't see the forest for the trees! Don't know why I bothered. Good luck with your issues.

I don't have any issues other than stupid knee jerk policies and situations where innocent animals are executed for the stupidity of both their owners and the general population.

Just seen that post and yes that was pretty much the point.

Cool cool. So in that case when are you selling you clubby and getting a smart car or a bicycle even?

Your car, being alot bigger than other cars, has the potential to do alot more damage if something goes wrong and therefore people should not be allowed to own such cars.

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
I don't have any issues other than stupid knee jerk policies and situations where innocent animals are executed for the stupidity of both their owners and the general population.

Cool cool. So in that case when are you selling you clubby and getting a smart car or a bicycle even?

Your car, being alot bigger than other cars, has the potential to do alot more damage if something goes wrong and therefore people should not be allowed to own such cars.

the difference being, v8's aren't designed to kill people, that was a ridiculous comment....

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
the difference being, v8's aren't designed to kill people, that was a ridiculous comment....

Pitbulls are not designed to kill people...

They were bread to fight other dogs.

People who train them to be aggressive should be held accountable.

########s who try and touch peoples dogs and get bitten should cop it sweet and learn a lesson...

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I realise that it should be the owners responsibility when it comes to making sure the dog doesnt attack, but what we have to remember is that the rotties, pitbulls, ect were bred to kill. If these dogs are bred to attack pigs or whatever, what chance does a small kid have? IMO i dont care how these dogs are bought up, they will always have that instinct in them...

All dogs have that in them. All dogs have been in some way been bred from hunting traditions. Hell most animals have that instinct.

Grenan why wasn't your dog muzzled, what if it had gotten away from you?
And yes the woman in question was at parts fault but doesn't excuse your dogs actions.

Umm what?

I had my dog on a strong, tight leash (not one of those shitty single collar leashes, a body harness leash). Little yappy mut comes up to me, without a leash, with several warnings to the other owner, hell my dog was even hiding behind me. If the other owner fails to heed the warnings, thats not my problem. Next till Ill just ####ing pick up the ball of fluff and drop kick it.

I accept that yes, if my dog was freely roaming around and did it, different story and that would be my fault. However I know a dog can just appear from nowhere and Im not a dumbarse owner.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
The other issue is branding animals as dangerous by breed. This is a massive load of **** because while genetics play a part in behavioural tendancies, the final say is upbringing.
We even had a woman once actually squat down so her face was level with the dogs. This is a Rottiweiler she did not know. WTF?

Because it's usually the little yappy shits that are the most aggressive.
? I agree though that the owners should be held responsible. Plenty of tossers make a point of making their dogs vicious and brag how tough it is.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
I have a maltese shi-tzu (a white mop.)
Me too. cant stand the thing. Its fine with me but due to its pack mentality it cant be trusted not to nip smaller kids so it gets locked away. I am not a dog person but if I have to have one my ruling is that I would not have any animal I couldn't kill with my bare hands if I had to. Many a face has been ripped off or worse by a dog that "doesn't bite".

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
Pitbulls are not designed to kill people...

They were bread to fight other dogs.

People who train them to be aggressive should be held accountable.

########s who try and touch peoples dogs and get bitten should cop it sweet and learn a lesson...

spot on, so what chance does a small child have against them?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
spot on, so what chance does a small child have against them?

Who is leaving their small child with them? Young children are curious, they will pull, poke and touch everything. Any child should be monitored near ANY dog. Pull its ears, its going to turn around and tell you to #### off.

Dogs, the scapegoats for **** parents and **** owners.