Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

misfiring..

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
and if dosnt turn out 2 b the head could doing that cause some probs 2 teh head?

Shouldn't case any probs but I'd check the cap thing 1st as there won't be any pressure in the rad when u try so it will tell if it's a leak.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well when the enige is hot the pipe is very firm, and when cold its easy to sqeeze, that mean much?

the thing i think causing the water in teh over flow 2 drop back to the same place is that im using distide water so it gets hot and evaporate, then its just left with teh coolant as was b4 and stops at the same level, could this b right?

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
well when the enige is hot the pipe is very firm, and when cold its easy to sqeeze, that mean much?

the thing i think causing the water in teh over flow 2 drop back to the same place is that im using distide water so it gets hot and evaporate, then its just left with teh coolant as was b4 and stops at the same level, could this b right?

ok top hose when hot should be rock hard and soft when cold that's because the pressure builds when hot and goes when cold that normal..
And u should be using coolant not distilled water..

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
mag said:
ok top hose when hot should be rock hard and soft when cold that's because the pressure builds when hot and goes when cold that normal..
And u should be using coolant not distilled water..
i didnt have any coolant, so use some distilled, liek just to top up the overflow bottle, would that evaporate thus goign back down?

note: i havnt fixed the oil sensor prob with the guage not moving, just keeping u informed like u askd :p

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
i didnt have any coolant, so use some distilled, liek just to top up the overflow bottle, would that evaporate thus goign back down?

no that wouldn't do it.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well once i get the car to acutally run ill try the cap trick

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
well once i get the car to acutally run ill try the cap trick

no probs..:thumbsup:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well jsut stopd playing with my car and its still fekd, cant gert it 2 idel fine, adn didnt get to try the readiator trick coz i couldnt get up the drive as it was missing that bad,

was playin with the acc valve, i have a question is it ment to be two peice, like the centre cylinder sensor pull out of the body of the sensor as mine dose???

and the CAS how hard is it to take it appart? dose the whole dizzy have 2 come out, and is it really figgerty? as think of getting a s/h one from teh wreakers and trying that out 2 just see if it is that,

also checkd the ecu for lose wires and brock cables but none vissble, im starting to get vvery thin on ideas
help me:bow:

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
well jsut stopd playing with my car and its still fekd, cant gert it 2 idel fine, adn didnt get to try the readiator trick coz i couldnt get up the drive as it was missing that bad,

was playin with the acc valve, i have a question is it ment to be two peice, like the centre cylinder sensor pull out of the body of the sensor as mine dose???

and the CAS how hard is it to take it appart? dose the whole dizzy have 2 come out, and is it really figgerty? as think of getting a s/h one from teh wreakers and trying that out 2 just see if it is that,

also checkd the ecu for lose wires and brock cables but none vissble, im starting to get vvery thin on ideas
help me:bow:

It was fine when cold u said and started to run ruff when it got hot??;)

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
yep, but now its seams to be doing it at cold now 2