Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Misses says get a new car, get a new car I will. (Juuust Checking VE's)

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
I agree with you all in regard to mods and tow bar abuse, but I'm assuming many of them came factory and haven't had a lot of use. I'll certainly inspect, I'll look as much.

And yep I've been saved from a rear end by a tow bar. Christmas traffic on the Mooney Mooney Bridge, heading north, wierdo slower down dramatically in front, 6x car back everyone whacking the anchors. Little dude in a BA slammed into the back of my tow bar saving me, buy ruining his trans cooler. Suppose that's why they are illegal when not in use to be fair.

OK phone time.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Well the vy must have known I was talking about it, here I am stuck waiting for a tow truck after work once again.

Mumble mumble mumble!

Crank / dfi something going on once more.

Booo!
Possibly in the dfi wiring to dfi plug?

When changing the dfi, are you changing coil packs too?

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Possibly in the dfi wiring to dfi plug?

When changing the dfi, are you changing coil packs too?
Yeah we replaced coil packs with a DFI module 2x weeks ago.

Just got the battery on charge, and the wires that run inside the clip around the coil packs have worn through the external tape.. no doubt when I pull it all out I'll find something nearly short around the place... It doesn't appear to be a sub loom either. Ho hum :( Best look after it if I'm going to try and sell it in a bit.

Anyway, off to a mazda dealer to look at a VE. :p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Can't see how a tow tongue can be illegal to be left on if it's not covering a number plate. If someone decides to rearrange the front of their car using someone elses tow tongue, stiff bikkies...There is a law about following too close....Same applies if they walk behind a car and smack it with their shin.....Watch where you're walking stupid is my comment...(yes have a car where people have shinned themselves on the tow tongue)

Me thinks coppers are bored when using it as an excuse

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Can't see how a tow tongue can be illegal to be left on if it's not covering a number plate. If someone decides to rearrange the front of their car using someone elses tow tongue, stiff bikkies...There is a law about following too close....Same applies if they walk behind a car and smack it with their shin.....Watch where you're walking stupid is my comment...(yes have a car where people have shinned themselves on the tow tongue)

Me thinks coppers are bored when using it as an excuse
It only seems to happen in Victoria just the slightest blocking out lettering of your number plate
by you tow ball gives them a reason to pull you over and they will
best to remove it if it does this hey

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Well lets see if Veewhyfan gets rid of his Vy I can not believe a car
can keep costing so much dollars and no wonderh is misses is saying it has to go
but so many repairs you would have to think it has to stop some ware
but it needs to run to be able to sell it unreal

Last edited:

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Well had a look at the grey sv6, little under whelming for 15k to be honest.

It was very vy familiar, loads of plastic everywhere, rattle coming from the rear boot lid.. don’t know what I expected to be fair. She’s a commodore.

Just over 150k, sale champ couldn’t tell me where its service was up to to other then, “we given it a log book service when we provide the road worthy” and “it would be in the book” to be far it was 4:30 on a Saturday and he’s looking at this dumb kid probably think geeeees.

I can’t haggle either, so dick head here was like 15k, 3 months rego, yeah sounds fair. He double checks and he’s like sure congrats and I chicken out and say I’ll call him Monday.

Thing was filthy under the bonnet and guards. Looked to have lived on a dirt road despite old mate sales dude proud at how clean it was.

Ah back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Well had a look at the grey sv6, little under whelming for 15k to be honest.

It was very vy familiar, loads of plastic everywhere, rattle coming from the rear boot lid.. don’t know what I expected to be fair. She’s a commodore.

Just over 150k, sale champ couldn’t tell me where its service was up to to other then, “we given it a log book service when we provide the road worthy” and “it would be in the book” to be far it was 4:30 on a Friday and he’s looking at this dumb kid probably think geeeees.

I can’t haggle either, so dick head here was like 15k, 3 months rego, yeah sounds fair. He double checks and he’s like sure congrats and I chicken out and say I’ll call him Monday.

Thing was filthy under the bonnet and guards. Looked to have lived on a dirt road despite old mate sales dude proud at how clean it was.

Ah back to the drawing board.
Good call back out till the next one
you don`t need another car full of problems
still call the blue car Guy get that 2 grand off and 6 months rego and let them think about
it is your call
everyone want`s to sell before Christmas take your time
check the oil color 5000 kms should be slightly dark very slightly and the drivers door seal for wear
but no can not see any Yellow one up for sale
good luck
next year they might be cheaper

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
And yep I've been saved from a rear end by a tow bar. Christmas traffic on the Mooney Mooney Bridge, heading north, wierdo slower down dramatically in front, 6x car back everyone whacking the anchors. Little dude in a BA slammed into the back of my tow bar saving me, buy ruining his trans cooler. Suppose that's why they are illegal when not in use to be fair.
NSW rules on towbars ......................" Towbars must not protrude dangerously when there is no trailer connected."
Dunno what penalty there is if they are considered dangerous. Open to interpretation.
Plenty of opportunities walking around NSW carparks to do yourself an injury, so rule can't be enforced too much.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
NSW rules on towbars ......................" Towbars must not protrude dangerously when there is no trailer connected."
Dunno what penalty there is if they are considered dangerous. Open to interpretation.
Plenty of opportunities walking around NSW carparks to do yourself an injury, so rule can't be enforced too much.
Yes **** can happen but that`s NSW not Vic but they can do damage if in harms way- ie sticking out too much