Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

///Mock3 "Luxury" Edition

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
The OEM brakes on the m3 if u get all the elements right do a good job even on a racetrack as you have only 1400kg to stop. If Wheel clerance is an issue can u run a 15mm spacer and run some negative camber on the front. The e36 loves about -3 even for road use and it will look after it's front tyres ok if u run around 0.3mm per side of toe in.

Looks like u have had your hands full doing the wide body twice. Looks orsome as a daily driver to boot. I bet with all the mods it's been off the road often so your other car/s would be getting lots of use also.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
The OEM brakes on the m3 if u get all the elements right do a good job even on a racetrack as you have only 1400kg to stop. If Wheel clerance is an issue can u run a 15mm spacer and run some negative camber on the front. The e36 loves about -3 even for road use and it will look after it's front tyres ok if u run around 0.3mm per side of toe in.

Looks like u have had your hands full doing the wide body twice. Looks orsome as a daily driver to boot. I bet with all the mods it's been off the road often so your other car/s would be getting lots of use also.

only other car i have is the e21, and its been off the road for over 5 years, so had to borrow cars while the 36 was off the road!!

i already run fairly low offset wheels, and not keen on running spacers. one of the reasons for the wide body was to be able to run lower offsets while dialing out some of the negative camber, seeing as most of my driving is highway, it chewed through tyres pretty quickly

clearance issues are mainly if i go to a 4 pot caliper, everythings too chunky unless i goto a narrow wilwood caliper. brakes need to fit multiple sets of wheels, so its a bit of a compromise.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Rear diffuser looks mint. Nice handiwork doing it yourself, wish I could get around to something like that

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rear diffuser i cheated on and bought, just fitted it myself :p was gonna give it a go, but my tool/workarea situation isnt great atm

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
rear diffuser i cheated on and bought, just fitted it myself :p was gonna give it a go, but my tool/workarea situation isnt great atm

I forced you to buy it you fek!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
today i decided to tackle my diff cover leak, and installing my spherical rtab's.

jacked the car up, by the time i came out of the shed with a drain tray, it had decided to start raining... YAY!! silly victorian weather, it lasted about 10 minutes but didnt stop me crawling under the car and dumping the diff oil

didnt take many pics, so ill fast forward.

diff cover off, and not a single trace of gaskt or rtv apart from around the outside where id smeared some a couple years ago to try and stop to extremely slow leak.

testament to bmw's machining process, ive done over 50,000k since i put the diff in, and its not been enough to leak onto the ground until recently(considering its been sitting at panel shops for ~7 months all up, im not surprised)

for some reason when it was built, the diff guys didnt put anything on. lazy/forgetful/whatever, but i gave the cover a clean and threw some rtv on it. tiny amount of metal on the speedo sensor, but everything else nice and clean, no noticable wear on the gearset, so should be all good

Img_8058.jpg

and back in the car, didnt bother completely removing the sway bar(not enough room to remove it without dropping exhaust). i smooshed some more grease on the mount bushes, which looked in good condition still and bolted everyhign back up

Img_8059.jpg

while i let the rtv set, i got into the rtabs. of course i still havent bought a removal tool for these, so out with the threaded rod and assortment of plates and sockets. i do have several rather large sockets that work to pull the bush into, but seeing im moving interstate soon, most things are packed.

Img_8062.jpg

threw the new rtab's in the freezer for a bit to shrink them, didnt really help, these are a super tight fit!!

Img_8061.jpg

and thats all for pics of install. took some effort to get them in, but got there with help of the rattle gun and some alloy plate(was bending the steel plates)

took it for a squirt and the car feels good. i did mark the rtab pockets before removal, and lined them back up as best i could, but will still take it in for an alignment

instead have a couple pics i took when i went for a drive last week. have since reinstalled the boot badge and my roof spoiler, and you'll notice i now have 35% tint all round too

i absolutely love how the car sits now, height is pretty much spot on and i wont be changing it.

Dscf7441.jpg

Dscf7430.jpg

Dscf7427.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
ive been working on your car for so long, every time i see a stock e36 they look weird to me now.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
slowly getting all the trims and bits and pieces sorted on this. still lots to do, ill never be fully satisfied lol

interior is pretty much back together, missing a couple plastic bits ill have to scrounge next wreckers run or next order.

finally installed the clips for the rear sunvisor. still need to clean the insides of all the vents, and get new front seatbelts oneday, theyre getting a bit tatty

Img_8076.jpg

Img_8074.jpg

weighed the car at work, bit more level surface, still not exact though, need to set up laser levels

44l fuel, full interior, stereo, etc. bodykit, foler stainless mid exhaust and supersprint rear. not bad considering i havent done any active weight reduction

not sue if front left weight is because not level or something else

Img_8097.jpg

3d printed some covers for the nuts on the strut brace using TPU, awesome stuff!! ill see how it goes with one cover seeing sunlight. they take 20mins to print, so not a problem if they dont last

still need to do more cleaning and wiping bogdust out of the engine bay, stuff gets everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Img_8159.jpg

got factory cruise installed using a 328 cable, so i could hide it instead of it draping over the strut tower like stock. works well, but is a bit agressive on the decel, which ill assume is because of the itb's

Img_8056.jpg

and had my workmate give it a quick polish and wax for me

12974305_1583707551921225_5929814008536937391_n.jpg

12936605_1583707575254556_3101996077267343189_n.jpg

944914_1583707588587888_2782370634814224471_n.jpg

Img_8140.jpg

the colour is amazing, but so hard to get nice photos of. needs just the right light

Img_8130.jpg

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Thats what I would love to get my ute resprayed in , black with a redish/cherry black in it