Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Modified Daily Driver

TheDiddler

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey fellas,

Getting my full license soon and am in the market for an older SS. I am interested in the best bang for your buck mods that won't ruin fuel economy and reliability, maybe even improve it? Also I know Commys don't have the best handling and where I live there is some nice twistys so good handling is a priority, so I've thought of the basics:

• Full Exhaust
  • Intake
  • Tune
  • For Handling:
  • Wider Stance + Tyres
  • Lowered
  • Strut Bar/Sway Bar
  • Weight Reduction??
  • Brakes??

I am sure a stock SS will be more then plenty for me to (try) to handle but as I learn the car I would like to do those mods, if you have any suggestions they are greatly appreciated.

P.S. Down the line, how do the LS1s go with forced induction?

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
im guessing this is going to be a vx ss?
tri -y's and a 2.5 exhaust
depending on how far you wanna go with tune, growler or 2 hole mod on oem with k&n filter ( mild, slight edit )
vcm otr for more
19 x 8's
lowered, adjustable swaybars front & rear ( coilovers would be great too )
brakes, I did a brembo conversion and they work great, though they are asking silly prices for them these days. a set or ap's would be your next best bet, unless you can afford harrops.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I had a VY II Sv8 M6 as my daily

had short 4>1 headers high flow cats 3" diffilippo system(fark that sound good) otr 232/234 cam and 3.9 diff.

Used to drive 69kms to work daily mainly on highway was getting less than 10L per100 with E10 fuel(car tuned to the 95 octane) my avg speed was 70kmh though.

suspension was new shocks bushes and lings ssl handeled alright with a set of 18's, never did brakes or strut brace

TheDiddler

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Cheers fellas for the replies. Yeah its probably going to be a late 90s V8 if I am able to find a nice one. I suppose if I was to cheap out and get a V6 (to be able to afford a dirtbike) most of the same mods would be applicable? Although it probably wouldn't be modifying a V6 that much I am assuming.