Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] Monaro LS1 to LS7

Phoenix_Monaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro V2 CV8
Hi all

So I'm pretty much a total noob when it comes to mechanical anything, but I do like to drive.

I now own an '02 V2 5.7L CV8 Monaro, 6 speed manual. What I would like to do is drop a 7.0L LS7 in it.

Project aim: Awesomesauce. Money is not an option. I'm looking to turn my Monaro in to the loudest, fastest '02 in Australia, short of taking it to Walkinshaw :p

First question: is this easy enough to do without totally rooting the stock car? Like if I wanted to keep the LS1 and put it back in and sell it for stock in the future is it still possible?

Second question: what about a 6.2L Supercharged LSA?

Thoughts/death threats?

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
putting a ls7 in shouldnt be much of a problem, mainly having to adapt the ls7 sensors to suit the ls1 ( monaro) wiring/computer.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Hi all

So I'm pretty much a total noob when it comes to mechanical anything, but I do like to drive.

I now own an '02 V2 5.7L CV8 Monaro, 6 speed manual. What I would like to do is drop a 7.0L LS7 in it.

Project aim: Awesomesauce. Money is not an option. I'm looking to turn my Monaro in to the loudest, fastest '02 in Australia, short of taking it to Walkinshaw :p

First question: is this easy enough to do without totally rooting the stock car? Like if I wanted to keep the LS1 and put it back in and sell it for stock in the future is it still possible?

Second question: what about a 6.2L Supercharged LSA?

Thoughts/death threats?

Good luck with making it the fastest in Australia. ....
But anyway putting in any ls based engine will not require hacking anything at all if you are smart about it.
I've always wanted to put a twin turbo ls7 in a monaro coupe, and putting on a vy SS front end.