Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monaro tail lights with VT boot garnish - please don't!

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
yea ok now im confused... havent looked at the back of my car lately... but isnt there like light panel clear thingys there? how ya spose to paint over it or it dont matter? or they come off?

total car noob here...

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
If u get the monaro lights they have the reverse lights in the tail light themselves as 4 the normal VT lights they dont so u disconect them and yer paint over the reverse lights on the garnish or u can try wat daron did, looks good and try put the reverse lights in with the indicators

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
i removed reverse lights and put them next to indicators
Can you please post a pic of the reverse light's in action,just keen to see how particular you were.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
heres some pics
not that clear but ya can see what its like

Last edited:

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
^^^ i actually dont mind how u have that mate. im another one who cant stand to see the VT's with monaro/altaza (or performance as they call them lol) tail lights and standard garnish. i reackon it looks like puss.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
i had mine the same as yous for a few weeks daron. i got my boot garnish sprayed first before i bought the lights and i was really tempted to leave it like that, looks good!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I hate the half jobs some people do on cars.

I agree especially different or multicoloured panels a brown panel looks so good on a red car. Why not add a few patches here and there!

some ppl dont always have the cash to finish off the project perfectly. i'd rather have my only car on the road with a different coloured panel then totally off the road. if you can step your progress so ur car looks good all the time then great, but sometimes its just not possible ;)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
some ppl dont always have the cash to finish off the project perfectly. i'd rather have my only car on the road with a different coloured panel then totally off the road. if you can step your progress so ur car looks good all the time then great, but sometimes its just not possible ;)

Well said :thumbsup:

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Well said #2