Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More VZ Ute Questions

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
That makes sense, because then it will clear the storage bin. I will have to make sure my cupholders are on the passenger side of the console and it should clear fine.

Although, the G8 sensor is clearly mounted in schematics the way I have it. I wonder now if that will matter.
Your G8 sensor appears to be bigger/bulkier than the one in Fu's Crewman.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It is. I already had a look and there will be an enough room… just.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_5166.jpeg

Took out the window switch and shoved the camera in the hole. Theres enough space. Thats the bottom of the cup holder in the top of the picture.

IMG_5167.jpeg

Pretty sure that is the stud used to mount the yaw sensor.

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
Turns out I've run into a roadblock using a VE ABS module in the VZ. While scanning through a schematic yesterday I came to discover that VE cars have a 0-5V brake pedal position sensor to determine precisely how much brake force is being requested. You'd think this sensor information would go back to the ABS module, but nope!. It goes to the BCM, gets converted to CANBUS data, and sent on the network to the ABS module.

So since that can't be replicated with the VZ BCM module, the VE ABS module is out. But I'm not giving up just yet. I'm gonna try the VZ V6 ABS module that came with ESP instead. They use the same connector and have the same pin placement as it turns out. I am trying to confirm if that ABS module is the same one used across all VZ cars but with different configuration settings. If someone has a V6 powered VZ with ESP, could you possibly get a picture of that sticker on the underside with the Bosch part number so I can compare to what the GTOs came with over here?

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Turns out I've run into a roadblock using a VE ABS module in the VZ. While scanning through a schematic yesterday I came to discover that VE cars have a 0-5V brake pedal position sensor to determine precisely how much brake force is being requested. You'd think this sensor information would go back to the ABS module, but nope!. It goes to the BCM, gets converted to CANBUS data, and sent on the network to the ABS module.

So since that can't be replicated with the VZ BCM module, the VE ABS module is out. But I'm not giving up just yet. I'm gonna try the VZ V6 ABS module that came with ESP instead. They use the same connector and have the same pin placement as it turns out. I am trying to confirm if that ABS module is the same one used across all VZ cars but with different configuration settings. If someone has a V6 powered VZ with ESP, could you possibly get a picture of that sticker on the underside with the Bosch part number so I can compare to what the GTOs came with over here?
G/day Oldskool. I have a mate who has a 2006 VZ V6 Calais. I'm pretty sure he said it has ESP. I'll see if I can get a pic or at least write down the numbers on his ABS module. May not happen until the weekend though.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I work with someone who has a V6 VZ ‘07 ute with ESP. I’ll see her on Sunday and see if I can get some photos for you.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I look forward to these posts.
I’m often checking back and checking your YouTube channel for updates.

I love this stuff.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The 07 VZ Thunder ute only has (A/S) active select for the paddles on the steering wheel.

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
The 07 VZ Thunder ute only has (A/S) active select for the paddles on the steering wheel.
So that must be for V6 models. I'm just hopeful that the resistance for the shift buttons is the same resistance that the T43 TCM needs for direct wired Tap Up/Tap Down requests. Just wired them into the clockspring and dash harness yesterday.