Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton's blue VP Executive

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
It's a real nice lookign VP, there's not many in that colour around where I live, lucky for me there's lots of maroon ones or I'd be arrested by now:p, My VN looks alot like your VP with the same silver ceptors but its got faded paint now days. I'm going to pain it in a couple months though :) pulse red as per this Monaro

This colour, I'll post it up one time once its painted:)

Cheers greeny :D Behold, the magic of photoshop! (but seriously, my ride is the one BEHIND that VP. :wax: )

I wish I had the dosh to throw at a good respray. I'd love to go the same colour, only much richer, with more gloss... ... or maybe just plain old flat white, so it's easier to touch her up whenever she gets assaulted by a trolley hero.

That glossy red would look insane on a VP :D Perhaps something with a little bit less of a pink hue in it, though? I'd be leaning toward red with a hint of firey orange, as opposed red with a hint of ladies' underwear. :p

nice to see things going well, i'm thinking about getting some ceptors also for the VN as then i can fit bigger rubber under her bum also, 195's just aren't designed for traction (just for fryin maybe;) ) 7.35 is afairly respectable time, the early tune will help with all the extra spark advance they have. will be redoing my tune with more advance today. that will hopefully see me in the sub 7sec 0-60mph club and hit 14's what fuel you running in yours, 91 or 95 or you really love your engine and run premium?

haha, sub 7s. I'd kill for that right now.

225s on 15*7s are about as much rubber as you'll fit under unrolled guards. worth the investment if you can get them :) They look tough, too. Or should I say, 'hardcore'. You won't look back ;)

I still persist that I'm capable of a clean 7.2 in the condition my car's running, though. She feels a lot tighter than when I ran the 7.35 a couple of months ago - I just havn't found the right conditions yet. I did a repeat performance the other night, 7.38 and 7.32, but that was launching from the marbles in the emergency stopping lane, with towbar + sub + lotsa fuel at around 14 degrees ambient.

Towbar out now + dump the sub at home + belt grip on that back righty + launch from the middle lane at 4am (5 degrees ambient) should see me (touch wood) another tenth down. Just have to find the right time ^^ I've been hoping to get off work early the last two nights to do a few launches on the way home, but no such luck. Maybe I'll take her out tonight *ponders*

Anyway, she goes out for a good hand wash and wax in an hour, courtesy of my right hand. I'll be out there all day, I know it ^^

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Morton if you send me a message later I'll give you an address to send your old vp memcal to so I can try get you another tenth on the tune, I'm going to send you a fully prepared 65mm throttle body in a couple/few weeks too if you want to swap me for the V6 one :p sounds odd but I need V6 ones for the twin throttle manifolds.

Remind me then to send you the old set of plugs form the VN too since I just got a new set. I broke one of the old ones but you will be able to get one extra and copy how I have them setup on the new one. They are one range colder than stock VN plugs and side gapped. I'd like to see you pull that 6.99 to 60 mph pretty soon now :), Infact I'm going to the wreckers right now to see if they will give me something for real cheap:p

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Morton, have u taken the towbar/ball off yet??? u said u were guna do it a few weeks ago...
Cya tonight at krispy

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Morton if you send me a message later I'll give you an address to send your old vp memcal to so I can try get you another tenth on the tune, I'm going to send you a fully prepared 65mm throttle body in a couple/few weeks too if you want to swap me for the V6 one :p sounds odd but I need V6 ones for the twin throttle manifolds.

Remind me then to send you the old set of plugs form the VN too since I just got a new set. I broke one of the old ones but you will be able to get one extra and copy how I have them setup on the new one. They are one range colder than stock VN plugs and side gapped. I'd like to see you pull that 6.99 to 60 mph pretty soon now :), Infact I'm going to the wreckers right now to see if they will give me something for real cheap:p

if you send me the tune i can burn it for him

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
if you send me the tune i can burn it for him

wanna burn me a tune to??

i want a tune :(

haha, nice ride man, i have a blue VP too, youll maybe see it tonight!

aZk.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Good cruise tonight, boys :) Car was running really well tonight!

I still can't find traction with more than about half throttle at the bottom of first, but I did a few g-techies on some good flat road. With no stall AT ALL, and easing the throttle up to 40kph, I ran a solid 7.25 0-60! I'm stoked :D

I knew the car had a 7.2x in it somewhere! So that brings me within reasonable distance of a 6sec pass BEFORE diff gears. And if not, I want her as close to 7.00 as possible before I slam on the 3.7s.

I decided 3.9s may be just a bit too hardcore for a daily driver... I'd love them on the weekend, but I'd be cussing all the way to work on the freeway :p If I suddenly come into a whole wad of cash, I'd look at 3.7s LSD... if not, just an open wheeler, and a very well controlled right foot :p

I'll check what chip I'm running tonight, greens. PM sent already ofc, and I'll ferry the ATFY your way when I get the chance :) Many thanks for your kind offers of help :D It's awfully encouraging to have someone with as much experience as you, supporting me all the way! ^^

Now if only I could get back my permissions to upload sigpics, and paste that 7.25 in my picture :D haha

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Good cruise tonight, boys :) Car was running really well tonight!

I still can't find traction with more than about half throttle at the bottom of first, but I did a few g-techies on some good flat road. With no stall AT ALL, and easing the throttle up to 40kph, I ran a solid 7.25 0-60! I'm stoked :D

I knew the car had a 7.2x in it somewhere! So that brings me within reasonable distance of a 6sec pass BEFORE diff gears. And if not, I want her as close to 7.00 as possible before I slam on the 3.7s.

I decided 3.9s may be just a bit too hardcore for a daily driver... I'd love them on the weekend, but I'd be cussing all the way to work on the freeway :p If I suddenly come into a whole wad of cash, I'd look at 3.7s LSD... if not, just an open wheeler, and a very well controlled right foot :p

I'll check what chip I'm running tonight, greens. PM sent already ofc, and I'll ferry the ATFY your way when I get the chance :) Many thanks for your kind offers of help :D It's awfully encouraging to have someone with as much experience as you, supporting me all the way! ^^

Now if only I could get back my permissions to upload sigpics, and paste that 7.25 in my picture :D haha

with foamy sorting your tune your going to be flying through the 7 second barrier. the 3.7's in the diff it will be walk in the park with the times your doing already.

i think if i had the 3.7's instead of the 3.45's i'd already be in the 14's but i need to be able to cruise at a reasonable rpm especially with the manual box:D

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'm certainly hoping a good foamracing tune will see me drop off at least another tenth :) I did another couple of runs tonight out of boredom - backed up my 7.25 with a 7.30 and a couple of other low 7.3s. Tough getting the launch right, though. Suffered wheelspin still, with 30psi (down from 38) and a few 'warm-ups' prior to launch.

Had my camera with me this time, so here's a couple of rather bad photos, for any sceptics :p Shame I didn't manage another 7.2x launch... but 7.30 is close enough. Wasn't going to spend all night out there trying to get it perfect. It's 4am ffs ^^ lol

0-60.jpg

7-30.jpg

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
And again with the weight saving :) This time, in the form of rubber mats and carpet. Taking the carpets out altogether also allows me to work away at the sound deadning as and when I please. Maybe one chunk per day :p

It's amazing how much sound stuff like carpets keep out! Let the pictures tell the story!

That carpet IS large, rather :p
Carpet1.jpg

And DAMN those mats are HEAVY!!
Carpet2.jpg

Mmmm... I should drive without seats EVERY day.
Carpet3.jpg

Messy!
Carpet4.jpg

Tidy :)
Carpet4b.jpg

The workplace.
Carpet5.jpg

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
im just waiting for my g-tech i never load the auto just stomp it in first hard too the floor and hold it with my mate in the passenger seat with stopwatch i do dead on 6 sec too 100 thats was before the diy cai and i had the standard exhaust with one muffler before diff no cats and a 1/4 tank towbar full interior 196/65/15 i think on there at the moment cant wait for the g-tech its lots faster now