Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Motorsport dash trims

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
So Ron, you officially dont need to feel bad about the Dash Trims.

Latest RossReviews video is of a HSV GTSR W1..........except that it isn't

Seems a converted Base Series 1 VF SS/SV6, given the lack of push button start and no HUD. Nothing wrong with a conversion (And not digging at Ross, as he mentions in the video its not a true W1 but was told by owner its a GTSR base) but slapping a W1 badge on is really taking the piss
just dont check that rego in the nsw online checker... 2001 VX p-car gold, hmmm....

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
just dont check that rego in the nsw online checker... 2001 VX p-car gold, hmmm....
I get rego numbers off VIC cars on sales sites and do a rego check to get the VIN for ordering parts. I've found cars with bodgie plates a few times that come up as a green Toyota wagon when the plates are on a white VF2 Redline sedan for example. Some can show up as an unallocated plate number although the plate is clearly pictured on the car.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I know there was a Facebook post a few years back of someone converting their Evoke into a GTSR.
I’m wondering if this is the vehicle and they’ve dropped an LSA into it as a replacement for Evoke engine….

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I know there was a Facebook post a few years back of someone converting their Evoke into a GTSR.
I’m wondering if this is the vehicle and they’ve dropped an LSA into it as a replacement for Evoke engine….
Someone converted an Evoke wagon into a GTS. It was painted yellow and had an LSA engine and I think the GTS parts came from a statutory write off GTS sedan. There was quite a bit posted on this project at the time and the car looked good when finished. Is that the one you're thinking of?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
So Ron, you officially dont need to feel bad about the Dash Trims.

Latest RossReviews video is of a HSV GTSR W1..........except that it isn't

Seems a converted Base Series 1 VF SS/SV6, given the lack of push button start and no HUD. Nothing wrong with a conversion (And not digging at Ross, as he mentions in the video its not a true W1 but was told by owner its a GTSR base) but slapping a W1 badge on is really taking the piss
And alloy pedals!

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Someone converted an Evoke wagon into a GTS. It was painted yellow and had an LSA engine and I think the GTS parts came from a statutory write off GTS sedan. There was quite a bit posted on this project at the time and the car looked good when finished. Is that the one you're thinking of?
Naah it was definitely a white sedan!
Can’t find the post anymore but I could only think ‘wtf’ when I saw it!!