Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mud Flaps for SSV Redline UTE 2014

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
its hit and miss sometimes. at times you get a better deal through ebay with the ebay plus discount and free shipping, or you buy the parts through the holden dealer which has an ebay store and thier price is sometimes cheaper than trade plus the ebay plus discount and free pick up and BAM!
Lionsden on eBay is Peter Page Holden in SA and some of their stuff is close to trade price but other things like VF2 Calais wheels at $489 each, trade price is $392. Having said that, I've bought from Lionsden and paid a bit more to get something they have in stock instead of waiting for an ex-east order from our Holden parts dealer. Sometimes eBay discounts can go under trade price with free postage.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I need some sway bar bushes. I priced them up on eBay and Holden are the same price or a few cents cheaper, and that with 15% off eBay from the seller and a further 17% off with eBay code. And the bonus is I don't have to fit ugly red ones from eBay. I can fit factory black ones that don't stand out. This is also without me asking for a discount. But I think at $28 for the pair I won't bother asking.
I'm not a fan of urethane sway bar bushes as they tend to bind up inconsistently without grease oozing out the sides, then the grease can distort them in the D saddle clamp. We used them on production-based race cars for a while and discovered the stock rubber bushes worked better with no servicing required and had much greater longevity. Holden have a good size range of rubber sway bar bushes in stock if you can find the part numbers and know what fits what!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm not a fan of urethane sway bar bushes as they tend to bind up inconsistently without grease oozing out the sides, then the grease can distort them in the D saddle clamp. We used them on production-based race cars for a while and discovered the stock rubber bushes worked better with no servicing required and had much greater longevity. Holden have a good size range of rubber sway bar bushes in stock if you can find the part numbers and know what fits what!
I can order then through Holden. They're not stocked in Tasmania but they can be ordered ex Melbourne from my local.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
SuperPro bushes have a special dry lube coating internally.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
SuperPro bushes have a special dry lube coating internally.
Superpro are my preferred bush for other urethane applications, and they've seen the need to address the maintenance and grease issue of the earlier productions is a good thing!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Lionsden on eBay is Peter Page Holden in SA and some of their stuff is close to trade price but other things like VF2 Calais wheels at $489 each, trade price is $392. Having said that, I've bought from Lionsden and paid a bit more to get something they have in stock instead of waiting for an ex-east order from our Holden parts dealer. Sometimes eBay discounts can go under trade price with free postage.
these are my go to guys, but that being said i have bought some stuff off ebay from interstate sellers

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
these are my go to guys, but that being said i have bought some stuff off ebay from interstate sellers
What I did buy from them off eBay that was significantly cheaper than trade price, was a couple of genuine VE/VF Ute cargo mats. We use Hamilton's in Somerton Park who are closer to us, but I think Peter Page may carry the most stock of the SA Holden parts dealers.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
What I did buy from them off eBay that was significantly cheaper than trade price, was a couple of genuine VE/VF Ute cargo mats. We use Hamilton's in Somerton Park who are closer to us, but I think Peter Page may carry the most stock of the SA Holden parts dealers.
thery are the main hub or distributor for all holden parts to other holden dealers in adelaide, so have the most amount of stuff in stock and if not then they order from HSPO. I note recently alot of stuff i have ordered has come from HSPO with a note on the invoice that the item cannot be returned as its a special order from HSPO

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
thery are the main hub or distributor for all holden parts to other holden dealers in adelaide, so have the most amount of stuff in stock and if not then they order from HSPO. I note recently alot of stuff i have ordered has come from HSPO with a note on the invoice that the item cannot be returned as its a special order from HSPO
I don't think Peter Page distributed to Hamilton's as they've always sourced directly from HSPO and has a yellow HSPO sticker on the box dated with Hamilton's printed on it. I think pretty well most special orders from HSPO can't be returned unless the parts are incorrect unlike dealer stock items that generally can be returned for refund or credit if you don't want them.

The old City Holden and Hamilton's are the only two GMSV dealers in SA selling the Chev Silverado etc.

SS Chris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Series 1 UTE
I asked most of the dealers in my area and they laughed at me, so I managed to get some from an E-bay brand new.

Paid $145 for the rears and yes I know that's expensive, but I have the full set now front and rear.

s-l1600.png

Last edited: