Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mud Flaps for SSV Redline UTE 2014

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Seriously with the factory painted bumpers and side skirts, stone chips are not much of an issue without mudflaps. The SV6 wagon I bought recently with no mudflaps was a country car and had a bit of run on gravel roads, there wasn't one stone chip on the rear bumper or front edge of the side skirts or dulling of the paintwork. VF bonnets seem to be the most vulnerable to stone chips. The Phantom Black centre bumper/grill section on VF2 seems to be extraordinarily tough and stone chip resistant for some reason.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Seriously with the factory painted bumpers and side skirts, stone chips are not much of an issue without mudflaps. The SV6 wagon I bought recently with no mudflaps was a country car and had a bit of run on gravel roads, there wasn't one stone chip on the rear bumper or front edge of the side skirts or dulling of the paintwork. VF bonnets seem to be the most vulnerable to stone chips. The Phantom Black centre bumper/grill section on VF2 seems to be extraordinarily tough and stone chip resistant for some reason.
Alas not so with the Calais grill!!

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
The funny thing is, a lot of the new VF parts on eBay with inflated prices and obsolete perception, are still available through the Holden dealer networks for half the price. It's almost as if people think Holden parts dealers are no longer active.

A recent example is VF chrome door belt mouldings on eBay at $589 a set. They're $352 a set trade price inc GST and Holden have 100's of them in stock!

Can the ordinary bloke off the street like myself access the dealer pricing?

Regardless, Aus is a joke compared to all the parts direct sites available in the US, given they provide diagrams etc

There still is some extortion going on. Im in the process of doing an SS brake upgrade, and decided to do new seals and hoses after painting the calipers for something different (matching Prussian steel, not red/yellow)

Wanted new banjo bolt copper washers for the front hoses, hence needed 4.

IMG_6293.jpeg

How much do you think a little copper crush washer was from Holden?

Nope, you’re wrong

$48.90 each

Worked out that per gram, that is pretty much more expensive than Platinium

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I get discounted prices but I had to ask for it, and ask pretty much every time. Unless you have an account discounts are not automatically applied.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Can the ordinary bloke off the street like myself access the dealer pricing?
Generally speaking, you need an automotive business or be a qualified mechanic with a personal ABN and you open a COD account with the dealer to get trade prices. I can only get trade prices from the Holden parts dealer we have an account with for the past 18 years. I couldn't walk into the parts counter at another dealer and get trade prices and I'd be charged full retail prices like everyone else.

Nope, you’re wrong

$48.90 each
Copper banjo bolt washers are re-usable and pretty well bullet proof sealing wise, no need to change them each time the brake line is removed. We buy a packet of 20 odd from Wurth, and I think you can buy them from Repco, Burson's or Supercheap could have them on those rotating nut and bolt racks for realistic prices. There's a few stupid OEM prices for parts like that, O rings, seals and clips etc.
Regardless, Aus is a joke compared to all the parts direct sites available in the US, given they provide diagrams etc
Yes, I often look up Chev SS parts on US websites to see diagrams and get VF part numbers, same car other than LH drive variant.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Nope, you’re wrong

$48.90 each

Without knowing the answer, I was going to say $48.90.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It goes without saying and not just for spare parts, but for anything, shop around before buying.

If I'm after OEM parts in their genuine packaging I look for the cheapest price I can find on the internet, then I phone my local dealership or drop in and see them and get their over the counter price.

If I had to average it out, I'd say the dealerships are usually cheaper but not always.

Aftermarket parts are a different kettle of fish, you can often get quality mechanical parts cheaper than the original.

Then there is the reproduction parts market and as anyone who has experience with purchasing these parts for their classic cars will tell you, it's not the price that is the biggest worry, it's will it actually fit or look like the original, I can't tell you how many parts I've had to return because they just weren't up to scratch.

benneth

Reaction score
I asked most of the dealers in my area and they laughed at me, so I managed to get some from an E-bay brand new.

Paid $145 for the rears and yes I know that's expensive, but I have the full set now front and rear.

View attachment 256652
Great find! I just bought a VF ute and wanting to find the same ones, had to settle for unbranded generic ones on ebay.