Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MUFFLER ELIMINATORS - are they any good?

howey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60TH ANN OMEGA
COMMODORE VE 3" PERFORMANCE PIPES | eBay
OK so I've been looking at these mandrel bent 3" pipes with 3 1/2" tips on eBay for about $200. I've heard mix reviews on muffler eliminators/deletes.
It is unquestionable that they'll make the car sound louder, but I've heard that they make the car sound **** (the guy selling them reckons they'll give a sports sound.)
Does anyone know how they'll sound? Anyone installed these pipes before?

Cheers!!

Last edited:

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
itd just be like removing the rear restrainor on any car wouldnt it?

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Sound wise, remove your rear mufflers and listen to it, if you like the noise then thats the exact same noise you will I THINK?

I had my rear mufflers of for a day or two, a while back, and they sounded pretty good to me at start when i started it and took it for a drive. Then the next day going coast i realised that they sounded **** and i hated it so i put my mufflers back on.

If you have just the Auto then the drone is horrile, triptonic is better but you get sick of doing it 24/7 , if you have manuel, id guess it would sound pretty good but you would have to cruise at high revs - (above 2500) as below it sounds horrible and drones way to much

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
From what i've heard, an alloytech with no mufflers with sound like a ricers fart canon.
But I really couldn't say from personal experience.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
really? Haha didn't think there would be that much of a difference with the alloytechs

howey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60TH ANN OMEGA
@Hussy yeah its an auto.
A mate of mate told me that they sound **** and not to get them, but another says they should sound better than the stock exhaust.
So yeah I don't know what to believe..

howey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60TH ANN OMEGA
@TinSnips how will it sound 'hideous', i.e. is it gonna sound like the cars about to die?