Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multiculture countires does it work?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If it doesn't work why are all the multicultural nations in the top few most successful countries in the world :)?, USA, England, Australia even Malaysia. If I had to live in an Australia that lived on steak and peas like when I was a kid I'd cry :)

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i don't beleive people will ever fully 'intergrate', im not trying to be rude or racist TO ANYONE, sorry, i really dont mean to offend anyone but i agree with the original post.

it's good that the government is starting to take a stand on immigration laws... sure, everyone deserves the chance to come here and start a better life, but if they've never lived here before or have come from a country that is used to war/violence and what not, will they ever fully intergrate into "normal" society (im not trying to sound like everyone has had a cruel background, but it is still a possibility, eg, the recent conflict in lebanon/refugees from lebenon), if you're used of violence and terror, will it show in their actions?...?...? many possibilities. many. there may also be no problems, do they pose a risk to citizens? who knows... really.
..i also think the english test is a must, what use is it being in australia if you can't speak the lanuage, how will they ever intergrate to begin with?... are people just using up centrelink? how can you communicate with australia if you can't speak the language.

i've seen alot of my non-australian born friends spitting at aussie flags (mainly when the war protests etc were on) and ridiculing the way australia is run, that truly brings it down for everyone else in their posistion. why come here if you have so much against australia? religion is also another strong factor here, you can't stop a person beleiving what they beleive and this can also pose problems with people who they may and may not associate with.

and thats my useless 2 cents... but dont get me wrong, everyone is different and i have alot of non-aussie friends who are cool as. it's always going to be different for every situation.

Last edited:

Kenster84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
honestly this topic is starting to be too political and who is to say who shouldnt go to where and etc, if Australia claim themself to be a free country than stop with all this nonsence , everyone is different inividually whether they are a different race or not. Every place has some trouble markers its not like labelling the natinality is the way to go.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
honestly this topic is starting to be too political and who is to say who shouldnt go to where and etc, if Australia claim themself to be a free country than stop with all this nonsence , everyone is different inividually whether they are a different race or not. Every place has some trouble markers its not like labelling the natinality is the way to go.

agreed!!!!!!!

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
im aussie english or as i call mysel - native convict : p

ive got to admit im not racist you cut me off in a car or something doesnt matter if your white green yello black purle your gonna cop the same abuse

but ask me for help with something and im not gonna discriminate just cause of what you look like or colour you are

i will admit some cultures are more aggressive than others and im not going to start naming them but i will say that i know at least 1 person from every culture and i would happly get to know more theres no discrimination made by decent ppl who can see throuh someones outer to there inner and through there bullshit

just cause your white or black (not meaning to cut anyone out) doesnt mean your as agreesive or honest or loving careing easy to get alone with humours as anyone else on this planet.

why do some hate others is it there looks jelousy family pasts or just becuase there bought up in a society that cant handle the mix we are very lucky as australians to be able to dust it off with a beer in the pub after some tention most of the time yes there will be flares of action once in a while but the real deal will shine through

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
..and by the way, I am not an Aussie

Multi-culturism is great. And that is because each of us contribute to the greater good of the population. Sure, we contribute to the greater bad, but that applies to everoyne. Do you realize if Hitler was not a racist ********, he would have gotten the first nuclear bomb. Einstein was born in Vienna. And it was the Nazis that influenced his relocation to America. By a simple oops, we could all be communicating in German now.

Here is the problem with multiculturism, people try to deny who they are, and it comes out in negative ways. The truth is that most of us are partial to those who are most like us. That in itself is not racist, but it is preferential, and that is human. We force people not to make ethnic jokes, cause we take ourselves too seriously. My friends make Black American jokes all the time with me...and its no big deal. I make white Aussies jokes with them also.
We are way too uptight and if we have to walk around each other holding back what we are inside, then we will never have true integration. People miss the big picture. It is not our Australian-ism, or English...American-ism that defines us, but our humanity. And that humanity is sometimes flawed. And although we are not perfect, we are forced to act like we are. Please, just be who you are....simply because there is no one else you can be. I have great faith in people....with some exceptions, most of us will get along well.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
I think this is aimed at the people who choose not to integrate with the rest of the australian people.

See in the long term it will all work ok, we get people of type A mix with peopke of type B and their kids will grow up as types AB's, then as their kids grow up they will ABC's etc etc, and eventually everyone will be a big old mix of everything, that's a long way away though.
The problem comes, when you have a group of type A people only mixing with type A people and forcing their kids to only hang around with type A people because of the schools they enrol them in, the activities they allow them to do etc etc, then as the child grows up they are still a type A, and chances are their kids will be more type A than a type B (just the nature of the beast).

So what im trying to say is eventually everyone will even out as people from all types of backgrouns integrate with society, the real problem we have however is when we allow groups of people to hide away in their own schools and activities where they arent exposed to the wider population because then its a mini country within australia

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
A contemplative thought

Integration is a complicated psychology. It takes a certain maturity in a differing culture. Let’s take the European culture, for instance. They conquered most of the world and then forced their way of life on existing cultures. In time, they grew into mostly a mature culture and became comfortable with other cultures after some major injustices imposed on the minority cultures. But understand, they did not open up their culture until they were ready.

The bottom line is there are some people in some cultures that are not yet ready to integrate. In some cases, their psychology is not yet at that stage. And although there are complications with grave consequences with some cultures, we need to give them some room. I know what you are thinking – if they are not ready for integration, they shouldn’t come to Australia. That would be a logical conclusion, but if you look at a parallel paradigm based on the same reasoning, no one would be in Australia but the Aboriginees.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
but if you look at a parallel paradigm based on the same reasoning, no one would be in Australia but the Aboriginees.
not really, they came here because they wanted to settle and expand into new lands, taking on whatever was here and calling it their own.
Now obviously at the time they didnt know wtf was here and didnt find out till they got here, whereas people coming from overseas now know whats here, and what happens. And i can bet money on the fact that most come because others in Type A say, 'yeah its great, there is a really close TypeA community in this suburb'.
Its why we get clans of them in suburbs and moving in phases, for example footscray in vic was once asians, now they are moving on and its a lot of africans.
I dont know where all the asians went (probably Box Hill), but either way i guess they are becoming slightly more integrated.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
In time, they grew into mostly a mature culture and became comfortable with other cultures after some major injustices imposed on the minority cultures. But understand, they did not open up their culture until they were ready.
I dont get what you mean here, do you mean that australia will open up our culture when we're ready? or that subcultures will open up and integrate into australia when they are ready? (if its option B then yes, i agree and its what i said earlier to an extent)

It just frustrates me when people come here, have kids, yet refuse to let them go to school in a mixed environment as if all the other kids have aids or something, sheesh.