Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Multiculture countires does it work?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Well to be honest I think Aboriginals are relevent to the topic, they possess a very unique culture.

Just curious, how do u guys define multiculruralism? is it people of many different cultures living together or people of ALL different cultures living together. I think many cultures can get along great together as a nation, history has proven this just not ALL cultures. So mono-culturalism, is one culture, what is multi, some cultures or all cultures?

All the different aboriginal groups have a distinct language & culture so I also feel that they play a role in the multicultural discussion we are having. To not discuss their part is to only have half the diversity in this country represented.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
amen brother.

we already are, it aint going to reverse, and frankly wouldn't want to, having family, friends and co-workers represented by many different cultures, but i think main point for discussion is whether we are going "too" multicultural, and therefore less australian???

is that go? i'm putting this to the original thread starter. :)

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
i think main point for discussion is whether we are going "too" multicultural, and therefore less australian???

oh hell yea and if we still had freedom of speech i'd let you know what culture is screwing australia up, but to many wingers and political correct wankers out there, but im sure you all know which one im on about;)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
oh hell yea and if we still had freedom of speech i'd let you know what culture is screwing australia up, but to many wingers and political correct wankers out there, but im sure you all know which one im on about;)

Dont be shy, we all know who they are. People say its a minority, thats a load of ****, they are a majority, just look at how quick this SMS to support their idiotic some type of leader spread around to be at lakemba mosque. This guy is a flat out terrorist, he has no right to be here in this country and those who follow do not either. Not once has a muslim person stood up and said hey bud, what your saying isnt on, they all ****ing agree with it.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
i agree with that. but the problem with it is that he is claiming to represent muslim / islamic (sorry, not sure which) culture/religion, and therefore people that don't like what he says and represents are then taking that view on the culture and rest of the muslim/islamic people when they have nothing to do with it....

would be like me going to sweden, getting trashed, grabbing some chicks tits and saying this is the "aussie" way and therefore their country basing an Australia wide opinion on my dumb acts... :)

Everyone just needs to recognise the fact that their are complete and utter wan.kers in EVERY culture and is our duty to recognise them for this and not accept their represenation of how the rest of their people want to be seen. :)

Just ignore the media hype, don't read the papers, don;t listen to hearsay. Get to know a local muslim, islamic, hindu, buddhist, indian, asian, african, german, etc etc etc etc... base you opinions that way, from YOUR experiences... this will fix things a million times better than listening to media hype on who the bad guys are.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
History has shown that Muslims have come out and gone against their leaders and peers - look at September 11! There were people coming out trying to warn the Americans in power, and it fell on deaf ears.. and you see in the news every now and then certain Muslim leaders prosecuting the actions of other Muslims.. certainly they're involved in a lot of bad things over the years, but it's part of their faith and religion - if christianity was still the same as it was back in the days of the crusades I'm sure we'd be no worse than they are. Hitler was a Christian, and his decisions and followers did some horrible things.

I'm just trying to say that it's wrong to put everybody in the same category, it's similar to saying all Commodore drivers are hoons and don't deserve their licence, just because it's the car of choice for the wankers out there.

But at the same time I'm not denying that they are involved in a lot of things. Put it this way: you only ever hear on the news and in media about the bad actions - you hardly ever hear about the good things they do, or anyone does for that matter. Very biased media.

EDIT: I agree with ---^ (Morgasshk)

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
It is the fact that the individual can incite racism against the country that is the problem. If I stood up & said that every muslim deserves to be raped because of the way she dressed I would be arrested. Preaching against the country you call home is traitorous. Men have hung for less.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i agree with that. but the problem with it is that he is claiming to represent muslim / islamic (sorry, not sure which) culture/religion, and therefore people that don't like what he says and represents are then taking that view on the culture and rest of the muslim/islamic people when they have nothing to do with it....

would be like me going to sweden, getting trashed, grabbing some chicks tits and saying this is the "aussie" way and therefore their country basing an Australia wide opinion on my dumb acts... :)

Everyone just needs to recognise the fact that their are complete and utter wan.kers in EVERY culture and is our duty to recognise them for this and not accept their represenation of how the rest of their people want to be seen. :)

Just ignore the media hype, don't read the papers, don;t listen to hearsay. Get to know a local muslim, islamic, hindu, buddhist, indian, asian, african, german, etc etc etc etc... base you opinions that way, from YOUR experiences... this will fix things a million times better than listening to media hype on who the bad guys are.

Mate, my opinions are based on experience, i lived in one of the largest populations of Muslim people in NSW, i know what its like and i do not ever want to be in that position again. Ever.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
It is the fact that the individual can incite racism against the country that is the problem. If I stood up & said that every muslim deserves to be raped because of the way she dressed I would be arrested. Preaching against the country you call home is traitorous. Men have hung for less.

Well said, if your white its racism, if your anything else its an opinion.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I see dont see it that way. The way I see it yes every culture has their bad apples to speak but some have a hell of a lot more bad apples than others, not just bad apples but rotten ones. Its like say u met a lot of little green men from mars, a couple of them were troublemakers but the rest were ok, then u meet some from venus most are ok but then they have there troublemakers too, now you meet a little purple man from pluto and hes a troublemaker, and u meet more people from pluto and every single one of them is a trouble maker. The logical conclusion one would come up with is that little purple men from pluto are troublemakers. Get my drift?...... This is what a lot of Aussies are experiencing and what the anger is about.

As for that sheik's comments I would liken it to the head of the Catholic church in Australia condoning pedophilia because kids dress in appropriately and are asking for it. Then to make matters worse the catholic community keeps this fella in office so to speak, as a represntative of their faith. No one would put up with that crap so they shouldn't with this sheik. Hes a dangerous man spreading messages of hate to people already out of touch with Autralian laws and culture.