Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 04 vz ss ute

vzssgen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
wanting to cam my ute??

ive got a 04 vz ss ute, got defillipo 3" headers 4 into 1, 2 1/2 from cat back. maffless tune, OTR intake and had my gearbox re built with a stage 2 shiftkit.
wanting to get it camed but would like to know some pro's and con's if anyone can help me out? as it my daily driver also at this stage..

cheers

Last edited:

generic_kezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS UTE
i have a very similar ute looking at cam upgrade myself, just been doing my research and a mild cam seems the go with power above 2500 rpm to make it daily drivable with an angry or rough idle, sounds awesome, basicly been browsing youtube searches like cammed holden etc most people post up their specs aswell.
PROS - Sound, Power, Torque.
Cons - A few $$$ to get it in and tuned, stay mild for drivability so no big number KW

vzssgen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
yeah i only really want it for the sound and the feel of the cab shake while stopped ;) and because it is my daily driver i still want it to be reasonable on fuel and to drive.. what ive had done so far has got me 230rwkw and im very happy with that, if i get more power out of it its a bonus.. :)