Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY 05 BLACK VZ CALAIS ,245rwhp alloytec!!! plus heeps of mods

blue769

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 SV6, MY05 VZ SV6
Hey mate, that is just what I was after, scoured the net for ages but couldn't come up with anything. The last pic seems okay, it throws the light forward pretty well but do you think you could adjust them to spread it out a bit more?
Thanks a bunch for those pics mate. Also, I was just wondering if anyone with the VZ SS/HSV headlights and HID's could post up a couple of pics just to compare with the ones scotty has put up from his DRL headlights.
Cheers

Last edited:

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
no worry mate, i have adjusted mine out more but they still don't throw much light out ways. maybe try posting in the vz section for someone to post some more pics up for you man as there probably wont be that many ppl see your question in my ride thread ;)

cheers scott

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
i just got some of those drl's for my ss. i bought some 55w 3600k hid's for low, hi, n fogz. from your pics they look like they should do the job. i dont really use my car for night time driving that much now anyways.

from what i have found n my friends, if ur runnings hid's in projectors, ur less likely to get picked up for them then if you were to run hid's in reflector headlights.

u had any problems with police since getting them installed?

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
i just got some of those drl's for my ss. i bought some 55w 3600k hid's for low, hi, n fogz. from your pics they look like they should do the job. i dont really use my car for night time driving that much now anyways.

from what i have found n my friends, if ur runnings hid's in projectors, ur less likely to get picked up for them then if you were to run hid's in reflector headlights.

u had any problems with police since getting them installed?

nar man i haven't had any trouble with the HID's and police yet, however i havent taken the car out at night much since they were fitted, i still drive in the day everywhere with my low beams on tho.

cheers scott

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Well the car is booked in for the led dash conversion on the 15th, Greg is doing a road show up north and I'm getting it done on his way up :D can't wait should look 100% better than the standed green lighting, also iv sold my head unit so will be getting the new pioneer 7 inch double din head unit, it's the one that can hook up and use the apps etc of your iphone :)

Cheers scott

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Yeah Mate, that's just what I was looking for. Well here's the thing, I want to go HID's like I have in my other rides but my SV6 has the standard blacked out reflector headlamps so I'm not keen on blinding everyone else on the road. Cheapest price I've found for the HSV/SS headlights is about 590 b/new I'd be pretty keen on a second hand pair but I haven't had any luck tracking down a set. The DRL's are about 310 and I can pick em up from around the corner. Still not sure. From the last pick, they seem to throw it 'out' far enough but perhaps adjusting the beam will spread it out wide? Anyone else care to weigh in?

Thanks again champ that was a real help!

someone here locally, sells the new style H.I.D.'s, there like shielded so they don't blind upcoming traffic using reflector lamps.

he also posts.. read the conversation i had with him about it > Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More if you can't view it i have it saved on my pc i can uplaod.

i'm going to try them out :) just saves buying new head lamps.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
also iv sold my head unit so will be getting the new pioneer 7 inch double din head unit, it's the one that can hook up and use the apps etc of your iphone :)

Cheers scott

Which model are you getting is that the avic F40BT?
Iv currently got the avic F20BT n I love it but really need to update the firmware however costs $250 for the software upgrade :(

Anyone know a way to get the update cheaper? :)

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
That looks like a really good unit Scott, I'm looking at doing a slight upgrade to my system and wouldn't mind getting one myself! Let me know how it goes when you get it.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah also thinking that one myself haha, tell me what you reckon on it, not sure if its worth paying the extra for the gps or if i should go the cheaper one