Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 05 vz clubsport, manual, NOW 427ci STROKED LS3 underway!!! Massive cam, forged etc

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
hey, yep that vimeo link works too. What L/100km does that beast get?

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
hey, yep that vimeo link works too. What L/100km does that beast get?

Um well on the way home when I got it freeway and a little town driving it was only doing 10.5L per hundred ks and around town it's about 12-14L which I'm pretty happy with as I was expecting upwards or 20L around town from what others have got with a cam, guess it all depends on the tune

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
Um well on the way home when I got it freeway and a little town driving it was only doing 10.5L per hundred ks and around town it's about 12-14L which I'm pretty happy with as I was expecting upwards or 20L around town from what others have got with a cam, guess it all depends on the tune

That's waaay better than i expected lol. Yeah i see quite a few pushing low to mid twenties per hundred with the fuel and that is what kinda put me off getting my car cammed as it's my daily drive. 12-14L is less than what i'm getting stock :p

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
City driving my SS averages 22-23 Lt/100km but a couple long distance freeway drives I've had it as low as 11

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Yer mine really isn't to bad I thought but a lot of people seem to get different results, guess it all depends on the car and tune man, plus different driving styles but hay I certainly don't drive to save fuel lol, iv got mates with ls1 that can't get lower than 13-14L so yer all depends really.

Cheers scott

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Ok so I pulled my fake tips of today to give them a touch up, but while there of I'm going to try go to the exhurst shop and get a new set of chrome tips made up that are a bit nicer looking, currant ones are twine 3inch plain pipe, I want to try get a bit bigger pipes or just thicker 3inch tips to fill the gap right up. I don't have to worry about it touching the sides of the rear bar as it's just there for looks and won't get hot :) lol

Currant dummy tips