Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 06 VZ Thunder

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
thanks for the information Sandman, really appreciate it. yes certainly good thought to think about concerning cars and the future. i do plan on keeping this car until i save up for a house or at least start paying the mortgage (which is a while away from now for sure) the upgrades listed are expensive for sure and i need to be smart with what i earn.. so they may take some time. but in the meantime i do have other things i would like to do to the car that are not what is listed up there. so all in due time i guess.

any bit of information is much appreciated, thank you

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
thanks for the information Sandman, really appreciate it. yes certainly good thought to think about concerning cars and the future. i do plan on keeping this car until i save up for a house or at least start paying the mortgage (which is a while away from now for sure) the upgrades listed are expensive for sure and i need to be smart with what i earn.. so they may take some time. but in the meantime i do have other things i would like to do to the car that are not what is listed up there. so all in due time i guess.

any bit of information is much appreciated, thank you

All good mate, reason i say it is no real point dropping a heap of coin on a V6 if you just go and buy another car as soon as you're off your P'd like I did. If you go back through my threads I went from a VZ S ute to a VZ Maloo, I was never going to get my money back but a bit of the stuff I'd done I was able to carry over into the Maloo and a the rest I sold off and put it back to basically stock when I sold it. You get a lot from planning haha, but if you're going to have it for years to come, go nuts haha.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
the thing is, i have been planning too. i will eventually get myself a Clubsport or VZ, VY Maloo once i start paying off the house. which will take time to accumulate the right amount of money to at least start. yeah i knew what you meant and i am thankful for the advice. in fact i plan on having 2 cars once i have the house.. got big plans. just got to put in the time.
also i am keeping all my stock pieces of the Ute so i can do what you did as well. at least some parts of it haha

Last edited:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
2 in a house is easy haha. I'm at 4 + a work car currently and hoping to buy a house within the next 2 years or so (mainly job dependant there) and trying to find somewhere where I could accomodate 4+ cars isn't exactly easy even whilst still being within cooee of Melbourne haha.

Sounds like you've got your head screwed on though which is a always good thing.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i can imagine the trouble it would bring in order to find a place big enough not to mention expensive as well. the house opposite to mine right now sold for over 1 million even though it was not anything special at all. even looked like it needed work. Melbourne for you!
haha just trying to resist not buying modifications for the car so i can actually save for the house..... i mean in this half an hour i already bought myself a nice modification for inside the car (genuine HSV as well which is nice).
but i need to be smart and so i'll slow it down.

without a doubt i am blessed

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hey Tonner Matt
what would you call a "run of the mill" P plater mobile ?

A little bit on the extreme side as an example, but I'm sure you'll get my point ;)

worlds shittiest modded car.png

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
A little bit on the extreme side as an example, but I'm sure you'll get my point ;)

View attachment 205342
i will not be "ricing" my car like that or anything silly. though i do have plans for the Ute. i have actually seen a lime green (similar colour) car with orange wheels when i saw it.... . . i just had enough of that and thought of it as blasphemous. no thanks sir. be trying to keep this car clean.
better that way, funny though. these type of thoughts do not go well in Tokyo