Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 08 SSV ute

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
so got my car back yesterday with a 224/230 comp cam in it, with the oil pressure relief valve fixed and a new oil pressure sensor..... car made 316rwkw being an A6 along with 3.7 diff gear upgrade apparently this was pretty darn good, my tuner was only expecting around 305.... long story short we were both a bit happy in the pants lol :D .... next up in maybe a month will be a 3200-3400 stall to make it a tad more punchier than it is..... really strong torque from 3000 right thru to 6500 and a nifty little choppy idle :D :D :D it now feels really good to burn around in.... so far after a good consistent heavy right footed sprays average fuel is sitting at 13.7..... got a trip to melbas tomorrow night so will see how the highway economy fares out!! keep you guys posted :)

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
had a slight problem, a day or two after getting it back, it was showing no oil pressure on start up, would come up to normal after about 50 meters of driving.... if i stopped the car turned it off for like 5-10 mins it would show oil pressure like normal on start up then. if i left it any longer, same problem, no oil on start up then would come up 50 meters down the road (there weren't any sounds on start up leading to no oil) so we though it was a pressure sensor switch, after replacing that, it still happened so we put an analog mechanical gauge on it..... after the tense 15 min rest start up, no oil on the analog gauge..... morroso oil pump going on now :) ..... quiet an odd/coincidental problem it seems as the factory oil pump looked fine my tuner said when he fixed the relief valve, said the o ring still looked very good... but anyways, i'm stocked i don't have a blown up motor from it all...... being the top bloke he is all labour is free to replace the oil pump :) will get an idle vid up and some pics of inside and the engine bay when i get it back (hopefully tomorrow).... but after having it back for the couple of days I'm getting keen for a 3200-3400 stall lol, this whole car game really does never end lol :)

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
Dyno sheet after the cam
IMG_2337.jpg

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
Nice ride :) Good job!

I'm selling a TCE 2800 rpm stall if u r interested.... It is perfect for daily driving, yet if u want to race 1/4 mile it will still allow you to flash up to around 3200 or so.

PM me if u want some more details.

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
Update after the oil pump has gone on, car is going like a dream! would highly recommend if anyone is doing a cam to just replace the factory oil pump, pretty much eliminated any potential gremlins. tho being the stupid bloke i am after spending a heap of cash on it, (deep breath) I'm thinking about selling it to go down the 'get a house path', so if anyone knows of anyone or is keen themselves in the canberra syd reigon throw us a pm! :)