Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1990 VN Calais

ZZ3R0.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi MN Triton GLX & 1990 VN Calais
yeah the red wire would be the constant power wire,the fuse is there in case you have a short or problem in the wiring which would then blow the fuse instead of your nice stereo,if the fuse is blown there is usually a short in the system somewhere,a fraid wire or incorrect earth,its only 12volt so can't hurt you much-lol

Ah yeah that makes sense lol. I will have to look over it again tonight and see if I have to re-wire anything seeing as though it was after a few beers I decided to make a start on it haha :whistling

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
you could put the red wire in with the other power wire if you are not using a loom

anyways worst that should happen is you will blow a fuse as long as they have fusible links in the lines-lol

ZZ3R0.

Reaction score
Members Ride
SUCCESS! turns out that random wire was the constant power. Dont know what thw other red wire was for. Maybe it was on old one? Ah well the head units in and rockin so im not complaining haha.

Although in true vn fashion another problem arises. My odo has now decided it reads 555555 :s

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
that's always the problem,fix one thing and something else happens lol

something else for you to do now-hahha

ZZ3R0.

Reaction score
Members Ride
that's always the problem,fix one thing and something else happens lol

something else for you to do now-hahha

haha tell me about it! My VX was the same - I'd fix something on it, it would be good for a couple of days then BOOM! something else needed to be fixed lol. Ah well, thats how the cookie crumbles!

ZZ3R0.

Reaction score
Members Ride
So it's been a little bit since any updates, but we have progress! lol

Got my mate Adam over last night and we changed over the shocks. Awkward moment when you pull out your old gas shocks and oil comes out as well :/ haha

Shocks were ####ed to say the least. Pushed down on them and they didnt return lol. Wheel alignment will come soon as well as new exhaust. Took her down to the exhaust shop here in pakenham this morning to see if they could fix the rust hole but the dude said it was too big to fix and too much rust. New redback 2.5" pipe & rear muffler fitted for $165. They couldn't do it today as they have to order it in :( oh well i'll have to wait until during the week.

For now, heres a couple of pics. Haven't got any new interior ones yet as it looks like a bomb has hit it inside haha I need to get the vacuum on to it.

ZZ3R0.

Reaction score
Members Ride
So not much progress since last post. Exhaust has been done, and the dude patched up a few holes in my centre muffler while he was at it. Was hoping to have a roadworthy check done by now but all mechanics here in Pakenham are busy until well after christmas :( oh well I dont really have the money at the moment to register it (damn christmas taking what little dosh i have lol). I have some interior pics (finally) though.

Hopefully in the new year she will be all roadworthy and registered, ready for some cruising! :yahoo:

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
looks nice and clean,at least with the extra time you have you can go over and over it-lol,just to check she's all sweet-good luck with the rwc,you should be good by the looks