Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2016 SSV

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Excellent info...appreciate the response and is brilliant to know the mod can be done without the need to change rims. This will be my next mod....I'd also like the stock SSV wheels painted that same gun metal grey colour as the inside of the rim as I think it will look good on the Slipstream. Can I ask what the total cost of the mod was for you?

Touch over 2k - which is the cheapest I've ever seen the brembo's go for.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Nice colour ! I have the oldie VF1 ssv and looking to have the brake upgraded as well.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Brakes look good mate! But holy hell does this have a lift kit? Or is that stock? Looks soo much higher than most other stock VFs I've seen.

20161006_192630_zpssaudiyro.jpg

I was thinking that myself, you'd need a pilot's licence to drive it.

It's a nice looking car though and adding the Brembo's has really toughened it up.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
I was thinking that myself, you'd need a pilot's licence to drive it.

It's a nice looking car though and adding the Brembo's has really toughened it up.

Well now you see the issue here is - I've now got this expectation of myself to do everything properly on this car, and then you realise a set of bilsteins and springs are $1700. Then you realise you should probably save that money for now... I hate getting old.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
"The only stupid question is the one left unasked"

These brakes use different rotors to either the stock SS brakes or the US spec caprice brakes

Redline (brembos, 4 piston front and rear): 355mm front, 360mm rear
USA police: 345mm front, 324mm rear
Stock VF: 322mm front, 324mm rear

And yeah my car came with the 345mm front discs with the big single piston calipers.

Do the Brembos fit with the standard 19inch wheels?

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Do the Brembos fit with the standard 19inch wheels?

Well yeah, I'm still running the SSV wheels on mine. Pretty sure I've seen someone running the Brembos behind the S1 SSV wheels somewhere around here. Reasonably sure the 18"standard SS wheels don't clear - never bothered to look into it.

sorryijustworkhere

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV M6
You are a legend! I have been told by so many people that this wouldn't work, the brakes wouldn't fit. Seeing it done is awesome. Any ideas on the part numbers for the calipers and rotors? Keen to get something decent on my ssv!

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I prefer those 19s to the Redline wheels, it makes the brakes look even bigger.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Where'd you get the rotors? New bolts required?
You are a legend! I have been told by so many people that this wouldn't work, the brakes wouldn't fit. Seeing it done is awesome. Any ideas on the part numbers for the calipers and rotors? Keen to get something decent on my ssv!

Hey mate. My research was kinda limited to seeing a dude in French's Forest running brembos on VE2 behind VF1 SSV wheels, and thinking, hell if that works, this should work. Ran out and tracked down the calipers and rotors and just bolted it up, figuring if it didn't clear I'd just buy new wheels.

As for part numbers, not too sure. I just found my calipers on eBay, they came with the front rotors, all genuine gear. I got the rear rotors from a local supplier, they were about $150 each? or so. The rotors go straight on - no trickery there. On the rears you'll have to either trim or remove the dust shield that goes around the rear rotor.

They clear, no problems. Don't believe the lies, there is no issue. If you ever have a close look at a redline, you'll see the clearance from caliper to wheel is pretty dang close, even looks closer than my setup.

You might want to find the correct brake lines for the brembo calipers - i used the standard lines at first but I didn't like the bends that introduced to the lines.

I wouldn't try this trick on the 18"SS wheels - they have a more concave design that I'm pretty sure will hit.