Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2016 SSV

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
looks awesome, when I'm up for new brakes I'll see if I can find some SSV 19" rims first.

Is that pic from a run to Gordon for 24hr MCDs?

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
looks awesome, when I'm up for new brakes I'll see if I can find some SSV 19" rims first.

Is that pic from a run to Gordon for 24hr MCDs?

We were there after being at Cars Under the Stars all night and discovering every other food joint was closed... slight detour on the way back to the beaches.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Would HSV brakes be pushing it too far behind these wheels?

Great job btw

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Would HSV brakes be pushing it too far behind these wheels?

Great job btw

Honestly don't know. Caliper to spoke would probably be ok but it is a much beefier caliper in terms of clearance to the wheel inner barrel.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
"The only stupid question is the one left unasked"
These brakes use different rotors to either the stock SS brakes or the US spec caprice brakes
Redline (brembos, 4 piston front and rear): 355mm front, 360mm rear
USA police: 345mm front, 324mm rear
Stock VF: 322mm front, 324mm rear
And yeah my car came with the 345mm front discs with the big single piston calipers.

Incase people aren't aware, if you option the police front brakes you also get the bigger master cylinder / booster combo which is the same one fitted to the brembo shod redlines.

Well done, my mate also did this to his MY17 VF2 SS with police brake option to get the bigger booster. He sourced his brembo's from the states though. The brembo's look huge behind the SS/SSv rims.

Last edited:

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
@notStock were the bolts different from your standard SSV ones?

I'm not sure that I'll need the longer bolts or not for my car. I seem to get different answers every time I ask this.

I hopefully get my Brembos next week!

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
@notStock were the bolts different from your standard SSV ones?

I'm not sure that I'll need the longer bolts or not for my car. I seem to get different answers every time I ask this.

I hopefully get my Brembos next week!

So in my case, going from the "upgrade"brakes to Brembo's, I didn't need new bolts. Your experience may differ, I don't know.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
"The only stupid question is the one left unasked"

These brakes use different rotors to either the stock SS brakes or the US spec caprice brakes

Redline (brembos, 4 piston front and rear): 355mm front, 360mm rear
USA police: 345mm front, 324mm rear
Stock VF: 322mm front, 324mm rear

And yeah my car came with the 345mm front discs with the big single piston calipers.

Hi NotStock, having a MY16 VFII Calais V LS3 with upgraded front brakes as per the US police spec and the standard rears, I have wanted to upgrade the brakes to the SS-V redline Brembo standard just like you have. As with many people out there, I too believed the story that it was impossible to fit these brakes (front and rear together with rotors) and still clear the SSV / Calais V 19" wheels.....Now I have read this forum and I can see that you have answered the question a few times.....Do they fit?.....You have said "yes" even though it is tight. You have also answered that it was easy swap over with no spacers or other geometry changes....Only changes are the lines and small trim of the rear dust guard. In the months since you did the swap, have you seen any issues with clearance or other durability issues?

My Calais V is in Nitrate and I want to keep my original SSV/Calais V wheels, buy a Front and Rear brembo kit (from the SS-V redline) and do the swap without any hassles.....I want my calipers to be in Silver to match the Nitrate colour.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Hi NotStock, having a MY16 VFII Calais V LS3 with upgraded front brakes as per the US police spec and the standard rears, I have wanted to upgrade the brakes to the SS-V redline Brembo standard just like you have. As with many people out there, I too believed the story that it was impossible to fit these brakes (front and rear together with rotors) and still clear the SSV / Calais V 19" wheels.....Now I have read this forum and I can see that you have answered the question a few times.....Do they fit?.....You have said "yes" even though it is tight. You have also answered that it was easy swap over with no spacers or other geometry changes....Only changes are the lines and small trim of the rear dust guard. In the months since you did the swap, have you seen any issues with clearance or other durability issues?

My Calais V is in Nitrate and I want to keep my original SSV/Calais V wheels, buy a Front and Rear brembo kit (from the SS-V redline) and do the swap without any hassles.....I want my calipers to be in Silver to match the Nitrate colour.

Well GMM will sell a set of silver calipers.

The only "problem" I've been having is the incredible amounts of brake dust from the Brembos. The calipers are bolted to the hubs, and it's not like they're just going to move. Just get the right brake lines and make sure the bolts and threads are all good and clear, you'll be set.