Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 66' impala hardtop :)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
License plates need blanking out better!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Interesting.. Current box I have sitting there has a machined piece instead of a nut. I'm curious about that one.

It's not a cheap/diy shiftkit. But it is a way to gain an additional ammount of fluid pressure over just a conventional shift kit installation, It'll juse expose the weak point of the box to more stress causing a failure, ie: Pump magnets/Old pump.

Cheers
Mat

Last edited:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ok so ill do pics anyway:
TH700-R4 is in!! shifts brilliantly!, need to do some final adjustments, namely shift cable adjustments and neutral safety switch. was a mission though, i stuffed up the measurements for the tailshaft length and had to send it back to get more removed (which cost a bunch) learned that even though LOKAR are top quality, DONT make the cable go sideways... they snap reeeeeal easily, and NPT fittings are different to normal fittings :p

once the trans was all back together after the rebuild, stuck on the shift cable and ditched the old linkages:
DSC04422.jpg

dropped the old glide:
DSC04419.jpg

and empty home:
DSC04420.jpg

and what i thought was "fitted" did all the bolts up, moved the trans mount 30mm rearwards:
DSC04424.jpg

then discovered:
DSC04425.jpg

had to bash the sh1t out of the trans tunnel. took 2 goes to clearance enough too :s each go was completely fitting everything only to find it still had clearance issues. think i must have bashed around 2 inches off. cant seem to feel the lump in the floor so im happy enough.

this afternoon gonna put it back on the hoist and see if i can adjust a few more gears into the column shift. it the moment it only does P N R and D, no 3, 2, or 1. which kinda sucks, but i dont really care cos the kickdown seems to be working fine.

got some exhaust wrap just now so gotta wrap some cables to protect them and maybe, if i am feeling motivated, i might just swap out the engine mounts while its up.

thanks for reading

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
:rofl: The car is the size of a aircraft carrier and you still have clearance issues.

Reaper