Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 66' impala hardtop :)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
this is gonna be the color
100_0840.jpg

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
oooooh I like the colour :)

I'm going to be paying close attention to the rust repairs you do, too. I'm going to have to pull off a very similar job on my Kingswood next year when the rebuild starts. Take lots of pics for me :D

Loving the work so far ^_^

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
watchign this thread great project you got its going to be an awesome car when done

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Ahhh, Such potential! Keep the pics coming!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
I'm going to be paying close attention to the rust repairs you do, too. I'm going to have to pull off a very similar job on my Kingswood next year when the rebuild starts. Take lots of pics for me :D

fortunatly for me, my house mate is an ex-panel beater and spastic chev head, so he is doing all the repairs for me. so far he has done the two rears doors which is pretty good going considering their condition.

see, after watching a few episodes of overhaulin' i though myself quite the metal worker, till' i started the first door. i quickly realised how far over my head it all was an enlisted my mate to finish it. lol

but yeah guaranteed the pics will keep comin' thanks to justcommodoes for letting me post pics of something that isnt a commodore :D

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ok, so rain kinda caused me to drink a bit more than i expected, then i couldnt really focus on work, and then a couple of mates came over and we had a barbeque, so that ended what little work i got done today, but here are some more snaps

did someone say SPOTWELD? i remember my da saying "old chevy's are built to last... which judging by there rust protection was not the case, but they were sure not built to come apart

100_0866.jpg

100_0867.jpg

this is the most gheto repair ever done. the f..k heads just welded patches over existing rust then bogged it up!!!
100_0870.jpg

this is the back side of the above pic
100_0872.jpg

all the bist i removed today. on the operating table, ready to start their new life in the scrap bin while we make stencils out of them.
100_0879.jpg

what the car looks like with all its cancer removed
100_0880.jpg

sweet dreams all :p

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Ahhh wow, that looks nice and complex :) Are you going to use offcuts from other chevs? Or are you going to fabricate your own bits and pieces?