Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my big whinge about pop music...

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
i'm sick of the chipmunk sound that keeps coming out in songs. even hilltop hoods have stooped and used them.

G

gocommygo

glassjowned said:
Man, you obviosuly didn't see the film clip?! haha
Who cares, if she's happy doing that, and making plenty of money for it, then why shouldn't she?

And as for the norm's take on emos, damn man, we all started off listening to bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit, we just got smarter and grew up. Plus, emo is a type of music (and not Greenday or The Veronicas), not a fashion trend.

lol smarter and grew up? i hate everything but metal, always have a few new songs are ok, ones that arent about some pussies gf leaving him or slut5 lol

vtdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina / HT Sedan (project)
The Living End do a good "Tainted Love" IMO.

As far as I can see, pop music is only going to get worse.

It seems that popular music is well into it's second generation, ie, everything from 50's-early 90's perhaps was pretty much original and during the nineties there was a classic rock/rock 'n roll revival type thing, for example "The Black Crowes", punk rock made a come back in a revised form and bands like Radiohead and Massive Attack sort of finished off where more obscure bands like Pink Floyd/Uriah Heep left off, now more and more bands/artists are covering/stealing riffs off older bands and don't get me started with this Aussie Idol/Popstar bull ****, I swear if I ever see that Wasabi kid in person, it's over for him.

If anything, I think emo(not Simple Plan etc. real emo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28music%29 ) is the most innovative and original music around now, though not understood or enjoyed by most. It's obvious a lot of people have no idea of what real emo is.

my 2c

G

gocommygo

emos are like also a cross between punk and goth that love teh c0ck lol who cut themselves and stuff so yeh...

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
If anything, I think emo(not Simple Plan etc. real emo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(music) ) is the most innovative and original music around now, though not understood or enjoyed by most. It's obvious a lot of people have no idea of what real emo is.
Mate, you're a legend.

emos are like also a cross between punk and goth that love teh c0ck lol who cut themselves and stuff so yeh...
Mate, you're *the most offensive thing I can call you without getting banned* - I despise a lot of punk, I don't understand goths, and I definitely do not cut myself. Most importantly, I respect anyone's taste in music until they start paying me out and stereotyping me because of the music I listen to or the clothes I wear. That is what I mean about getting smarter.

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
Nothing has pissed me off more recently than that chick from neighbours slaughtering the My Sharona theme. Bloody shocking, another classic down the crapper. Another recent one that drove me up the wall was Mary J. Blige killing U2's "One". Sounds like she is dieing, someone put her out of her misery please. If I wanted to hear that crap I'd watch those tv "talent" shows.

vtdemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina / HT Sedan (project)
I didn't realise it was Mary J. Blige who did that, I'm not big on U2 but I like "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and "One" and I think the only cover of "One" that is close to worthy of the origi-didge is Johnny Cash's, in fact I prefer it over U2's.

gocommygo - That video has nothing to do with emo, emo is short for "emotive hardcore"(Rites of Spring, Embrace, Indian Summer), a genre that spawned out of the original wave of "hardcore-punk"(Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Black Flag) in the mid-eighties, not many of the original emo bands still exist but a few side-projects and collaberations of original members do (Fugazi, Swing Kids).

The funny thing is that, in no way, shape or form are bands like My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, Simple Plan etc even distantly connected to the original emo bands/scene.

The stereotypes from that video are more about scenester kids and fashionXcore kids, which are incorrectly called emo people - which is a shame.

I'm not saying you're trying to take the piss out of me or any one else, and not trying to be a hard-arse about this it's just that I am right into authentic emo music and it get's to me how people can't get it right.

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
I am a massive metal head. I go to as many metal gigs as humanly possible, and I've been listening to it since I was born (my parents loved Sabbath, Metallica, Zepplin, Deep Purple etc)

Its true that the youth of today don't actually know what real emo is. Unfortunately, the record companies cast a spell on kids into believing that bands like Simple Plan, Good Charlotte and My Chemical Romance had tough lives growing, when in simple reality, most were born into rich families, and pretended to rebel against their parents.

Pop music has gone the way of movies. There isnt much thats good these days. I remember when pop music was stuff like Eric Clapton and Neil Diamond and The Eagles. That was pop(ular) music as it should've been, not this synthisized crap written by song writing firms.

Punk isnt punk anymore. If you want the old school Sex Pistols like punk, you gotta go to the underground. Punk was ruined by bands like Blink 182 and Greenday (Three Chord Warriors)

Metal is the only pure genre of music left (other than classical and old school rock). They're still using real instruments, and are still writing original songs. And I'm talking all sub genres of Metal including Hardcore, Death/Black/Power/Heavy etc.

Long live the metal...

Last edited: