Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first V8

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Repainted the engine covers, turned out pretty good:
1WRDigu.jpg

3zk30SE.jpg

0XIQzDl.jpg

QfI8Rmg.jpg

New SS badges:
KnBnWSr.jpg

Debadged the rear:
y6mQwWa.jpg

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Looks great! I think i saw you post on the SSOC page. I'd suggest pulling the mud guards off, looks much better without them imo.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Just noticed left hand only available...geez there were heaps on eGay when I bought mine..just pull yours apart and spray em up silver..

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Yeah ahha thats the only one on there really, will just redo mine :) Should I get some high flow cats installed before the Dyno tune and Otr? still have 2 weeks or won't it make much difference? Will they change the sound?

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Yeah ahha thats the only one on there really, will just redo mine :) Should I get some high flow cats installed before the Dyno tune and Otr? still have 2 weeks or won't it make much difference? Will they change the sound?[/QUOTE

High flows can make it sound louder / deeper and possible better flow/ minimal power gain. I got 100 cpsi metal ones when I replaced the whole exhaust so I can only compare the sound to the stock exhaust which sounded like a vacuum cleaner lol..Don't know if they are worth the $$$ cos quite expensive but if your cats rattle then just replace em. By the way 100cpsi are not legal but 200cpsi are ok..