Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Getrag'd 97 VS Executive

aj159

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS
looking good mate and love the rockford fosgate repp!!
ive got some waiting to go into my comm but works a bitch !
where bouts in sydney are you mate? you mentioned commwreck and i seem to be there alot latley

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
looking good mate and love the rockford fosgate repp!!
ive got some waiting to go into my comm but works a bitch !
where bouts in sydney are you mate? you mentioned commwreck and i seem to be there alot latley

I'm in the shire mate, but every wrecker here charges extortionate prices for parts it's actually a joke! Hence the travel to Condell Park.
Fosgates are so good! Just need decent RF amps now so I can play super loud music without distortion.
I know that feeling, I'm at uni or part time work most of the week and it tends to be dark when I get home :(

aj159

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS
I'm in the shire mate, but every wrecker here charges extortionate prices for parts it's actually a joke! Hence the travel to Condell Park.
Fosgates are so good! Just need decent RF amps now so I can play super loud music without distortion.
I know that feeling, I'm at uni or part time work most of the week and it tends to be dark when I get home :(

Yeah man and i work 10hours a day 6 days a week and sometimes 7...life of a mechanic
where did u get the speakers? Trying to find a place that sells them decently priced...
The shire is so close to me man im always down that area jetskiing(georges river)

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
Yeah man and i work 10hours a day 6 days a week and sometimes 7...life of a mechanic
where did u get the speakers? Trying to find a place that sells them decently priced...
The shire is so close to me man im always down that area jetskiing(georges river)

Effort! I was considering a mechanic apprenticeship but received an offer to do a bridging course at university so I chose that instead. Not as exerting, but it's still hard to fit in free time.

I got the speakers from eBay, they're p16 coaxial speakers and cost around $110? They fit straight into the parcel shelf I just had to drill 4 holes per speaker which wasn't too hard. I could've probably gotten away with 6.5's but was unsure and just went with 6's for peace of mind.

Yeah the Shire goes alright man it's a nice area!

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
Venetians arrived this morning after just 2 working days!

Look a bit more subtle than I'd originally hoped but I still prefer them over the off-white.
Today my dad is going to take a short drive in it as it hasn't been started in over a month. I'll make sure I give it a comprehensive service before I get my license back ;)
More to come soon guys!

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
Picked up some mint (no buckles or scratches) chasers yesterday, complete with centre caps and nuts. heaps good tread too and I'm real happy with them.
Will take them to be ballanced (no weights on them) next week. The rears sit about 1cm from the guards which is a bit annoying as I like my car low! I really do not want to have the guards rolled. I did however order my ultra low springs/monroe gt shocks this evening to replace the choppies so hopefully solve the problem by raising the ride by 1-2cm.

Also ordered new fanbelt, festoon, A/C, demister and hazard LEDs and more to come shortly.
quick pic after a wash.

next up is a basic service and saving for insurance before I get my license back on 12th June. Then I'll see where to go from there :)

Last edited:

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Looks nice, very fresh and clean. Better then pretty much all the p plater VS's i see.. dump on 20s altezza lights roof line sagging etc :p

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
haha thanks for the kind words man!

I really don't see many tasteful P plater cars nowadays either, but at the same time the majority of teenagers don't want to end up pouring money into their cars so they leave it to diminish into a piece of ****

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
Small update filled with minor things :)

*Ordered HDT Headlight covers because yolo and I think they might look good.
*Ordered Bottom half of L67 airbox as the last one had a hole drilled out for a pipe (yes I know, wtf?)
*Ordered K&N Panel filter as my stock paper one needs replacing, why not upgrade to a reusable one?
*Received T3 Neo-Wedge LEDs to replace the blown globes in my A/C button. Replaced all the others while I had the facia off. For some reason one of the green LEDs didn't work so I just put the bulb back in. I think the problem was the terminals on the buttons themselves were screwing up. Regardless, all of them light up now so that's good.
*Received King Springs, part number KHPR-20SL (I believe they are ultras). Hopefully stops my bulging chaser tyres from scrubbing and prevents me having to roll the guards (something I really don't want to do). I'll miss the really nice height the chopped springs gave but the ride was **** and it's probably not wise to keep them in.
*Received my new serpentine belt. Mine is cracking and showing signs of wear and tear. Good idea that I replace it now as opposed to on the side of the road in the rain.
*Still waiting on my new interior light/festoon LED. Should be here next week?
*Ordered 2 39mm LEDs to replace the globes in the glovebox light and boot lid light.
*Still waiting on Monroe GT rear shocks to replace my rear monroe comfort ones
*Will be going to get a wheel alignment and balancing in the next week as my chasers don't have any weights. I haven't even gotten a wheel alignment in ages so it'd definitely due to be done.

Heaps more to come, not just these minor updates. Only a tad under 4 weeks until I can drive again, I'm itching to be able to transport myself around again! This means I can seriously look at getting my boot lid colour matched and aligned properly, tossing up between keeping it exec or going with S Pack lip? any suggestions?

Another few updates similar to this to come shortly. Will include new door pods, speakers, boot hinges, calais boot carpet and a bit more. Heaps of nice little touches too. Then I'll be saving up the money to seriously look at getting bags, upgrading my amps and a few other nice things!

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
So just got my license back today and it's great to be back on the road again, fair to say I've learned my lesson.

Other than the items above arriving and being installed, not much has been done besides saving for insurance. I am about to replace a few bits and pieces that are acting up on my car with parts from my friend's written off VS (will note these parts down here later) as well as gathering materials to give the car a decent service at home, and installing the sump guard while I'm at it. Might also order some front speakers I still need to do that.

I have also decided to go with the s-pack lip so I am on the search for one I can buy. One recently sold for only 150 down the road and I'm pretty pissed I didn't snap it up! I still plan to get new boot lid hinges and get the boot lid colour matched while I'm at it, and get my boot lid sorted once and for all.

Other than that, I'd say the car is pretty much completed and nearly everything I set out to do is done. Then I'll be looking into getting a respray or bags or something nice!