Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Getrag'd 97 VS Executive

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
Things have been quiet until recently, nobody seems to give a **** about the updates but I have big plans that I will hopefully follow through if I find the parts in good condition. Seeing as I had the weekend off a few weeks ago I decided I'd do some work on the car as it's been a bit neglected recently :(

I finally got around to fitting the sump guard (after 8-9 months of it being sat in the garage... haha) as well as doing a much needed oil & oil filter change, also flushed the radiator and replaced the coolant as I don't know if it had previously been done by past owners.

Picked up a set of Pacemaker Extractors (Part Number 5039) for only $100 and $25 shipping which I am so stoked about! Will give them a coat of heatproof paint when they come, and getting a shop to install them as I hear some modification is required and you need to cut your original Y pipe shorter at the engine side and re-weld the flanges back on. Whilst getting that done I also want to look at options involving my exhaust. Most likely a high-flow 3" cat, new 2.5" cat back and a tasteful single tip.

In addition to the exhaust, I am also on the hunt for some fresh boot lid hinges (I think I have found a pair from a lexcen and am picking them up tonight so long as they aren't buckled) and going to get the original boot lid touched up (small dent next to the badge) and re-fitted to the car so long as it hasn't been heaps scratched from storing it in my garage. This will sort out the notorious eyesore that greets me whenever I go for a drive :p

Applied Dynamat in the door skins and am currently making stencils to finish off the other metal layer closest to the door trim. It has made a slight reduction in road noise and gives a nice solid resonance/clunk when I close the door. With it finished off it should be a lot better too! Still need to do the boot lid when that has been sorted and then I should be sweet!

Also gave the car a wash and vacuumed it thoroughly, the interior looks mint now. Apart from a cigarette burn about half the size of a 5c coin on the rear bench! I am so devastated as it was probably one of the cleanest interiors I've seen in a VS. I am considering doing a power window install and Statesman/Caprice interior (minus climate control) if I can find the parts! Not too high on my priority list, but will be carried of if the opportunity arises!

I am definitely forgetting something! But I'll be sure to update this post when I remember. :idea3:

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Good pick up on the extractors! Get a twin tip for your exhaust, maybe twin dump pipes. Looks the best I reckon, kinda getting sick of my oval one, but up to you. :)