Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
So yeah definitely one step forward and 2 steps back with this car atm, and I'm frustrated. Towel is definitely in hand again, one person can only take so much. I drive my wife's JEEP and the car pretty much drives itself. Full of lovely electrics, 1 finger power steering, sit in the car and it knows its me and adjusts the seat and everything for me, it's lovely to drive!

My heap on the other hand has half the door cards off, steering struts are making a horrid noise when turning, like parking. Since going back together it just feels wrong. It's lumpy and doof doof sounding when driving, not rolling. It's vibrating more than it should and I'm sure my engine mounts are rooted as you feel it with high rph gear changes. While all this is going on the traction control is having kittens... :rolleyes:... and the car is definitely no fun to drive anymore.

I really want to get on with sorting out the paintwork but why if it's a rattling piece of crap atm.

images.jpeg

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
And now agitated as fark and just in a bad mood. There's more to life than a V8 I think...

Screenshot_20240511_083124_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240511_083036_Gallery.jpg

The Stinger post had some hilarious comments Inc one guy who drives a tuned SSV and his wife a stock Stinger. She pisses all over him from the mark, to 100 and way beyond. 4.5 seconds to 100 and you can get a 'police car' tune apparently and then they rocket.

I dunno, end of chat for today, cars killed me once again..

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As has been suggested many many times before, I'd take it somewhere that knows their stuff to sort....

Honestly, you are getting frustrated to the point of getting no where at all....

And yes, people will crack the sheets at me, call me a fcukhead and will throw a million other suggestions at you, which will involve you spending a shed load more cash and getting absolutely no where, as you seem to have gotten, head to the place you have mentioned that suggested the ECU stuff (I think) and let them fix it.

You have given it a good crack and no one can deny that, but wait till you have some spare cash and take it to someone that you seem to be comfortable with....Saves alot of headache and heart aches

Last edited:

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
As has been suggested many many times before, I'd take it somewhere that knows their stuff to sort....
Nah am as good as mind made up now. Gonna cut me losses and sell it. I bought a lemon, it's always a lemon, and will probably continue to be a lemon, cars just not worth it anymore. Even as is I can sell and get something decent, preference will be German as I know they cost more to service and stuff but they just work IMO. Had too many Golf's and A3's to know the proof is in the pudding.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Nah am as good as mind made up now. Gonna cut me losses and sell it. I bought a lemon, it's always a lemon, and will probably continue to be a lemon, cars just not worth it anymore. Even as is I can sell and get something decent, preference will be German as I know they cost more to service and stuff but they just work IMO. Had too many Golf's and A3's to know the proof is in the pudding.
Er, dare I say, “Got to admire a man who knows when he's beat”
I believe you are making the right decision, especially for your mental health.
If you do go down the selling path, I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to you giving your sales pitch:)
And I'm sure there are plenty on here that will mourn the sale of your car.

Personally, I can't wait for a new member to get on here and say, “Hi all, new here, and was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on a ‘HSV CLUBSPORT R8’ I've just purchased from a pommie guy who assured me it runs like a dream.” “Well, it all started with a fault code popping up on my dash……..blah, blah, blah……….:)

Good luck Paul, stay in touch.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Er, dare I say, “Got to admire a man who knows when he's beat”
I believe you are making the right decision, especially for your mental health.
If you do go down the selling path, I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to you giving your sales pitch:)
And I'm sure there are plenty on here that will mourn the sale of your car.

Personally, I can't wait for a new member to get on here and say, “Hi all, new here, and was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on a ‘HSV CLUBSPORT R8’ I've just purchased from a pommie guy who assured me it runs like a dream.” “Well, it all started with a fault code popping up on my dash……..blah, blah, blah……….:)

Good luck Paul, stay in touch.
Haha... nah I'll be honest just like the guy who sold it to me... :rolleyes: I think the car should be wrecked and sold for parts, the whole thing is just someone else's head ****, but I spose if you have the know how and the money one day it could be a decent car. Don't see it personally and just think it's a lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.