Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSYoot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute/VP Berlina. Caring for a 597kW VE SS

I bloody know that feeling when you feel like its money down the drain and 3 steps back, then one more step back- I speak as a bloke with 6 project cars. I have learned the hard way that buying something else is really just shifting one set of problems for another.
Sometimes it's better the devil you know, either way I hope you get to where you want with it.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
You could always drop it off at my place if your sick of it

I would even pick it up if that helps

I'll give it a good home
But do I need to throw in the $700 rego I paid yesterday. ANOTHER fudge up. Why o why did I think the battery was gonna fix it all... :rolleyes:

Tbh seeing what some things go for second hand, in pieces it's still worth good coin, but as I say I'll let the buyer know the go...

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
But do I need to throw in the $700 rego I paid yesterday. ANOTHER fudge up. Why o why did I think the battery was gonna fix it all... :rolleyes:

Tbh seeing what some things go for second hand, in pieces it's still worth good coin, but as I say I'll let the buyer know the go...
Tell them the price son, and let the low balling begin

Disclaimer: I am the king of lowballers and will point out every issue and possible costs to fix when I throw numbers around

Cash talks

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
As has been suggested many many times before, I'd take it somewhere that knows their stuff to sort....
Oh and of all the ppl that view this thread, there's gonna be ppl in and around Brisbane. Not one person msgd me or posted on the thread saying "bring it to me I'll sort it out" I'd pay as never looking for charity, but I went to mechanics and tuners over the constant low power mode and no one could do anything and just said to swap the throttle body, which I did multiple times. Now there's all kinds of issues and am just burnt trying. Spent 2 weeks stripping that gearbox and worked to pay for a new converter, but altho the gears are fine there's all this stability control crap and just over it all now. I've tried more than the average person would and yeah time to admit defeat.

ME V8 beat me...

For sale... 1 x GM throttle body plus car to match...

Screenshot_20240524_135117_Photos.jpg

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Oh and of all the ppl that view this thread, there's gonna be ppl in and around Brisbane. Not one person msgd me or posted on the thread saying "bring it to me I'll sort it out" I'd pay as never looking for charity, but I went to mechanics and tuners over the constant low power mode and no one could do anything and just said to swap the throttle body, which I did multiple times. Now there's all kinds of issues and am just burnt trying. Spent 2 weeks stripping that gearbox and worked to pay for a new converter, but altho the gears are fine there's all this stability control crap and just over it all now. I've tried more than the average person would and yeah time to admit defeat.

ME V8 beat me...

For sale... 1 x GM throttle body plus car to match...

View attachment 268455
$700, "I know what you got" LOL

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I dunno, end of chat for today, cars killed me once again..

On a more serious note, just chill and take a break for a few weeks. That'd give you a chance to build up some cash while you work out what you want actually to do… keep the car, sell the car, whatever., that doesn’t matter, just choose with a level head :)

Pity we don’t have some YouTuber diagnostic guru living down under that makes $$$ solving such complex intermittent hard cases (without having to resort to a normal mechanics gouging practice via the parts cannon approach). If such a person existed, you could get the car fixed and we’d all get go find out what the underlying problems were and see them being solved, win win :cool:

I‘m no guru, far from it, but if I was local and you weren’t in a hurry to get the beast back on the road, we could both slowly and methodically work on it taking our time and solve it together (pinching diagnose dans catch phrase). Seeing the underlying problem(s) solved would be worth the time spent. But lucky for you I’m not local :p

Speaking of Diagnose Dan, his latest video of an almost new VW with intermittently not working AC ended up being a poorly inserted connect pin (zero cost to fix, just a pita to find). Likewise Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics recently had a video where a shop said a Jeep needed a TIPM but were dead wrong as the issue was a poor wiring connection at an earth point.

Unfortunately finding such people is like find8mg chickens teeth or unicorns :( So a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do, whatever it is :cool:

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Charged up my new battery today as altho it was good to start the car, when I put my charger on it the thing charged and showed 4 of the 5 bars. Today I come home to it showing FULL.

This is what I got...

Status
Not open for further replies.