Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

P

Pauldw500

So you must ask yourself, how did they come loose? Was the car left in a spot, where someone could have loosened the wheel nuts on you, just to be a pr1ck? Or is it possible you didn't actually do them up properly.....(Not doubting you didn't)

If I were you, I'd check the rest, just in case....
Neighbour don't like me lol

All the rest inc trailer fine...

P

Pauldw500

So anyways...

P2101 is what got thrown and it was after a footfull of gas...

Not P2135 but looks like it's from the same area...

Screenshot_20220806-200604_Samsung Internet.jpg

Or can I just get limp and all the other stupid ass modes removed with a tune. Half the time they're really false calls...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I actually chuckle when I read things like this....In all my years fitting, I have never ever seen a torque wrench in the boot of a car.....
I’m glad you enjoy the forum and can have a few laughs along the way :p

Another little chuckle I also have is, torque wrenches I use get dropped, thrown onto benches, never zeroed after use like they're surposed to, never calibrated, yet people love it when they see them used on their wheels, or are told their wheel nuts have been torqued up with a torque wrench....If you say you didn't use a torque wrench, they have a hissy fit....
I look after my tools and treat them with the care they are due. I’d also expect businesses to treat their tools of trade with the care and respect they are due. If I suspect they don’t, then I take my business elsewhere.

Have you ever considered that your customers are happy that you are using a torque wrench because they think you are professional and look after your tools in the same way you look after their cars :oops:
I have never had a wheel nut come loose in my life time, that I have done up....Either with a cross brace, torque wrench or torque bar....Must be more good luck than good management
Either have I… But I’ve had a couple of tyre places cross thread a wheel nut on two separate occasions which were a PITA. I hate to deal with other peoples fcuk ups :mad:

Really, it doesn’t cost a business much, if anything, to look after their tools and preserve their business reputations… All it needs is a video of workers antics to go viral and the business may end up without customers and later closing shop :eek:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I’m glad you enjoy the forum and can have a few laughs along the way :p

I look after my tools and treat them with the care they are due. I’d also expect businesses to treat their tools of trade with the care and respect they are due. If I suspect they don’t, then I take my business elsewhere.

Have you ever considered that your customers are happy that you are using a torque wrench because they think you are professional and look after your tools in the same way you look after their cars :oops:

Either have I… But I’ve had a couple of tyre places cross thread a wheel nut on two separate occasions which were a PITA. I hate to deal with other peoples fcuk ups :mad:

Really, it doesn’t cost a business much, if anything, to look after their tools and preserve their business reputations… All it needs is a video of workers antics to go viral and the business may end up without customers and later closing shop :eek:

Young ones don't give a rats...It's that lot that don't look after them....And not much I can do, other than tell them to take care of them, but like most young ones...In one ear, out the other...And I'm not digging into my pocket to replace them...

Taking your business elsewhere.....Best you get the equipment to do your own tyres...It'll only be the one man show joints that look after torque wrenches the way they're surposed to.....And the chances of finding one of them is near impossible

Then you have owners that don't or won't recalibrate them, because they get mistreated by never being zeroed, That's the biggie that is a problem, even if they don't get thrown around....So at the end of the day, torque wrenches used in tyre shops aren't set to the correct torque for wheel nuts, so this chat about making sure they're torqued correctly is a load of crock.....Yet those wheel nuts don't fall off....Cross threaded maybe, but not falling off...

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Young ones don't give a rats...It's that lot that don't look after them....And not much I can do, other than tell them to take care of them, but like most young ones...In one ear, out the other...And I'm not digging into my pocket to replace them...

Taking your business elsewhere.....Best you get the equipment to do your own tyres...It'll only be the one man show joints that look after torque wrenches the way they're surposed to.....And the chances of finding one of them is near impossible

Then you have owners that don't or won't recalibrate them, because they get mistreated by never being zeroed, That's the biggie that is a problem, even if they don't get thrown around....So at the end of the day, torque wrenches used in tyre shops aren't set to the correct torque for wheel nuts, so this chat about making sure they're torqued correctly is a load of crock.....Yet those wheel nuts don't fall off....Cross threaded maybe, but not falling off...
Yeah, it’s sad that people just don’t care and don’t want to learn how things should be done correctly… Too many are simply not good in their chosen fields..

Just keep that in mind when you next need surgery but don’t think too much about how someone like Dr. Jayant Patel can get the job he was given…

PS: if only I had the space and funds, my home workshop would be full of quality tools and equipment and I’d never see the inside of any other vehicle repair business :cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Since you have a spare throttle pedal, try swapping it over and see if that helps.