Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV VZ Senator Barbados blue

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey, quick question for you surf. Does the Senator have an auto-dim rear view mirror?

My mates VZ monaro has it, but I've noticed Z R8's do not so I'm curious at what level it's standard equipment.

Thanks,

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
My senator has auto dipping passenger rear view mirror when reverse is selected but the centre mirror still has the usual little toggle between normal and dimmed view.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
CHeers, thanks for answering that for me mate!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
A little update.
Firstly replaced the outer cradle bushes in the rear about a month ago.
Next I had Sonny @ Marraons fit some Patriot gold dual valve springs the other day.
He said it was over kill for a stock LS2 cam but for an extra $130 over singles it was worth the extra safety that comes with dual plus I am prepared should I decide to go cammed (which is not on the agenda at the moment).
He did before and after dyno runs on his mainline dyno with the final result being 258.2rwkw which I was very pleased with especially after comparing it with other results for Sonny's files for cars with similar mods.
You can see the dip in the power curve from the previous springs (GM heavy duty yellow beehives).
MarranosLS2dyno16-6-11.jpg

hsv453

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Z series Clubsport
The valve springs make a big difference on the dyno! Did you notice much of a drop like that when actually driving it?

Got to be happy with those results tho.

The two dyno's have a big difference! 30rwkw. Pete at csv says my motor work etc should see 300 on his but to expect 320+ on someone elses in town so good to see some evidence that will actually back that up, cheers for posting that :thumbsup:

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Just seen this thread!! Nice car...always loved the Senators....really love there subtle rear wings.

Keep up the nice work!!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The valve springs make a big difference on the dyno! Did you notice much of a drop like that when actually driving it?

Got to be happy with those results tho.

The two dyno's have a big difference! 30rwkw. Pete at csv says my motor work etc should see 300 on his but to expect 320+ on someone elses in town so good to see some evidence that will actually back that up, cheers for posting that :thumbsup:

To tell you the truth being an auto I rarely see above 5000rpm so the dip never really affected the way i drove it.
I replaced the springs mainly for peace of mind as there have been the odd case of single springs breaking and I thought if the old springs were causing a harmonics problem that resulted in the dip then they could just as easily fail.
I'm not sure as to the percentage difference between Mainline and Dyno Dynamics dyno readings but you can only really reference your readings against other cars on the same dyno as even the same dyno in different shops can read differently depending on how the operator sets it up.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Just seen this thread!! Nice car...always loved the Senators....really love there subtle rear wings.

Keep up the nice work!!

Thanks, prefer the low rear wing as well.