Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV VZ Senator Barbados blue

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Unfortunate about the rim mate. Considered going a staggered fit set of rims? Put some nice fat rubber on the rear haha

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
How did this happen, must have hit a pot hole the size of a small moon...OUCH!

I have no idea, that particular tyre has had a slow leak for a few weeks now.
Back then noticed it was down on pressure , 30psi v the rest at around 35psi each so pumped it and the rest back to 36 which is what I run at.
I then noticed it looked a bit flat again last week so pumped it up and rolled the car and checked the tyre for a screw/ nail etc but could see nothing and as they are in need of replacing I thought I would wait and of course it goes flat whilst I'm away from home.
Suppose lesson to be learned but still can't recall running into any potholes although could have happened during that big storm last month, there were a lot of washaway potholes around then.

Unfortunate about the rim mate. Considered going a staggered fit set of rims? Put some nice fat rubber on the rear haha

Staggered look good but nice 19" x 8.5" with 245's fill out the guards ok and being able to rotate tyres helps make them last a lot longer.
I actually fitted some Starcorp Racing Challenge wheels (similar to BBS CH) with Kumho KU19's and will get some pics up soon.
StarcorpRacingChallenge.jpg

Last edited:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Thanks mate, yeah I love these style of rims.
The roof racks go on and off depending on whether I'm out or away looking for surf.
I had to put them on to pick up my son from the airport returning from a surf trip to bali.
There are days when I miss having a wagon but then I drive this and those thoughts vanish.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Unfortunately no, didn't think to ask for it to be on the printout at the time.
we were all so happy with the kw result that we just forgot about the torque reading.

289rwkw: Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Small update fitted a nolathane insert into the diff mount.
I thought it may make the ride a little harsher but no difference is noted for street driving so that is good.

Cheers

IEVLV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8 M6/LS2
nice looking car mate, love the HSV's have one myself and still love it