Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV VZ Senator Barbados blue

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The strut tops which now come complete with bearings from Holden about $80 for the pair trade and the rear cradle bush and new bolts about the same price, you can reuse the top insulator (I had thrown mine away and had to buy them as well).

wattos_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ MALOO R8 6.0 M6
I'll have to give them a buzz and find out cheers mate

AndyGodlewski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
Absolutley love your car man. vz senators are my dream car!
looks the part good job!

wattos_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ MALOO R8 6.0 M6
Hey mate cheers for the pointers today i went back to where I got the other bushes replaced and got him to replace the front radius rod bushes and the creaks and clunks are all gone from the front end.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Absolutley love your car man. vz senators are my dream car!
looks the part good job!

Thanks mate, they are definitely special.

Hey mate cheers for the pointers today i went back to where I got the other bushes replaced and got him to replace the front radius rod bushes and the creaks and clunks are all gone from the front end.

Glad it all worked out for you.

that looks wild, beautiful ride mate!!

Thanks Buddy, cheers.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
FAST 102 inlet manifold now fitted

I have been running with a FAST102 manifold for quite a while now and all I can say is that they work and are so much better than the LS2 inlet manifold.
I was looking at doing some CNC'd heads when I saw this on US ebay at a good price so did plenty of reading all day (their night) and the next morning it was mine.
I do a lot of low speed hills around my area and you can feel the extra torque right across the rev range not just at the top end.

Last edited:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I recently fitted a low k VY Maloo 3.73 to my senator but before I could fit it I had to change over the Pinion yokes as the LS2 and series 2 VZ 6.0L does in fact run a much larger doughnut and pinion flange/yoke.
Distance between bolt holes on the VT2-VZ1 V6 & V8 is about 82-83mm where as the LS2/VZ6.0L yoke is 95mm between bolt holes.
see difference in pic below the one on top is the earlier yoke and the one on the bottom the laster revised bigger version.